Chemia Naissensis Volume 5, No.1 (2022) (стр. 88-98)
АУТОР(И) / AUTHOR(S): Jelena Stamenković, Gordana Stojanović
Е-АДРЕСА / E-MAIL: email@example.com
САЖЕТАК / ABSTRACT:
This study aimed to analyze volatile congeners in different types of homemade fruit brandies by applying gas chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry (GC-MS). Volatile compounds were analyzed in seven samples, and the number of identified compounds in the studied samples varied between 12 and 35. An enriched volatile profile was determined for the plum samples, whereas the number of identified compounds was significantly reduced in the case of pear and raspberry samples. From a qualitative point of view, brandies obtained from different fruits showed significant differences because only two compounds (furfural and ethyl decanoate) among 60 identified were found to be common to all examined samples. Regarding the class of identified compounds, esters were the most dominant class identified in all samples, with ethyl lactate being the most prevalent compound except the raspberry brandy sample, which was dominated by alcohols, with pentanol being the major compound. The results obtained in this study have shown that brandies from different fruits are very different in both qualitative and quantitative composition of volatile compounds.
КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ / KEYWORDS:
fruit brandy, chemical composition, volatiles, GC-MS
ЛИТЕРАТУРА / REFERENCES:
- Arrieta-Garay, Y., García-Llobodanin, L., Pérez-Correa, J.R., López-Vázquez, C., Orriols, I., & López, F. (2013). Aromatically enhanced pear distillates from Blanquilla and conference varieties using a packed column. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 61, 4936-4942.
- Biernacka, P., & Wardenck, W. (2012). Volatile composition of raw spirits of different botanical origins. Journal of the Institute of Brewing, 118, 393-400.
- Caboni, P., Sarais, G., Cabras, M., & Angioni, A. (2007). Determination of 4-ethylphenol and 4- ethylguaiacol in wines by LC-MS-MS and HPLC-DAD-fluorescence. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 55, 7288–7293.
- Coldea, T. E. R., Socaicu, C., & Dan Vodnar, M. P. (2011). Gas-chromatographic analysis of major volatile compounds found in traditional fruit brandies from Transylvania, Romania. Notulae Botanicae Horti Agrobotanici Cluj-Napoca, 39, 109-116.
- Hernandez-Gomez, L. F., Ubeda-Iranzo, J., Garcıa-Romero, E., & Briones-Perez, A. (2005). Comparative production of different melon distillates: chemical and sensory analyses. Food Chemistry, 90, 115-125.
- Karagiannis, S., & Lanaridis, P. (2002). Insoluble grape material present in must affects the overall fermentation aroma of dry white wines made from three grape cultivars cultivated in Greece. Journal of Food Science, 67, 369-374.
- Lukić, I., Tomas, S., Miličević, B., Radeka, S., & Peršurić, Đ. (2011a). Behaviour of volatile compounds during traditional alembic distillation of fermented Muscat Blanc and Muskat Ruza Porecki grape marcs. Journal of the Institute of Brewing, 117, 440-450.
- Madrera, R. R., Gomis, D. B., & Alonso, J. J. M. (2003). Characterization of cider brandy based on aging time. Journal of Food Science, 68, 1958-1961.
- Madrera, R. R., & Alonso, J. J. M. (2010). Distribution of the principal minor volatiles during cider distillation in ‘alquitara’. Acta Alimentaria, 40, 262-269.
- Matias-Guiu, P., Rodríguez-Bencomo, J. J., Orriols, I., Pérez-Correa, J. R., & López, F. (2016). Floral aroma improvement of Muscat spirits by packed column distillation with variable internal reflux. Food Chemistry, 213, 40-48.
- Matijašević, S., Popović-Djordjević, J., Ristić, R., Ćirković, D., Ćirković, B., & Popović, T. (2019). Volatile aroma compounds of brandy ‘Lozovača′ produced from muscat table grapevine cultivars (Vitis vinifera L.). Molecules, 24, 2485.
- Nikićević, N., Tešević, V., Jovanović, A., & Vučković, I. (2004). Ispitivanje aromatičnih sastojaka rakije malinovače. Jugoslovensko voćarstvo, 38, 239–244
- Popović, B., Mitrović, O., Leposavić, A., Paunović, S., Jevremović, D., Nikićević, N., & Tesević, V. (2019). Chemical and sensory characterization of plum spirits obtained from cultivar Čačanska Rodna and its parent cultivars. Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society, 84, 1381–1390.
- Radeka, S., Herjavec, S., Peršurić, Đ., Lukić, I., & Sladonja, B. (2008). Effect of different maceration treatments on free and bound varietal aroma compounds in the wine of Vitis vinifera L. cv. Malvazija istarska bijela. Food Technology and Biotechnology, 46, 86-92.
- Robertson, G.W., Griffiths, D.W., Woodford, J.A.T., & Birch, A.N.E. (1995). Changes in the chemical composition of volatiles released by the flowers and fruits of the red raspberry (Rubus idaeus) cultivar Glen Prosen. Phytochemistry, 38, 1175-1179.
- Silva, M. L., & Malcata, F. X. (1999). Effects of time of grape pomace fermentation and distillation cuts on the chemical composition of grape marcs. Zeitschrift fuer Lebensmittel-Untersuchung und- Forschung A, 208, 134-143.
- Spaho, N. (2017). Distillation techniques in the fruit spirits production. In: M. F. Mendes (Ed.), Distillation – Innovative Applications and Modeling. Rijeka: InTech.
- Soufleros, H. E., Pissa, I., Petridis, D., Lygerakis, M., & Mermelas, K. (2001). Instrumental analysis at volatile and other compounds of Greek kiwi wine; sensory evaluation and optimization at its composition. Food Chemistry, 75, 487-500.
- Soufleros, E. H., Mygdalia, S. A., & Natskoulis, P. (2005). Production process and characterization of the traditional Greek fruit distillate Koumaro by aromatic and mineral composition. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, 18, 699-716.
- Tapani, P. (1976). Identification of volatile compounds in hybrids between raspberry (Rubus idaeus L.) and arctic bramble (Rubus arcticus L.). Zeitschrift fuer Lebensmittel-Untersuchung und Forschung, 162, 263-272.
- Tešević, V., Nikičević, N., Jovanović, A., Djoković, D., Vujisić, Lj., Vučković, I., & Bonić, M. (2005). Volatile components from old plum brandies. Food Technology and Biotechnology, 43, 367-372.
- Tsakiris, A., Kallithraka, S., & Kourkoutas, Y. (2014). Grape brandy production, composition and sensory evaluation. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 94, 404-414.