9th International Scientific Conference Technics and Informatics in Education – TIE 2022 (2022) стр. 194-200
АУТОР(И): Jovan Šulc, Vladimir Jurošević, Vule Reljić, Ivana Milenković, Slobodan Dudić, Nikolina Dakić, Dragan Šešlija
The two-axis pneumatic manipulator has a wide range of possible applications in terms of experimental tests. In this paper, the pneumatic manipulator was used as a test bed on which students tested two different control methods in terms of the energy efficiency of the compressed air systems. Traditional proportional control and stand-alone performance using fast switching directional control valves for Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control were considered. The circular movement of the pneumatic manipulator carrying the tool and processing by planing lighter material such as plastic was chosen. The results showed that lower consumption is achieved with PWM control.
teaching; energy efficiency; compressed air; programmable pneumatic manipulator; PWM control; proportional control
-  Hasanbeigi, A. & Price, L. (2012). A review of energy use and energy efficiency technologies for the textile industry. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 16 (6), 3648-3665. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2012.03.029
-  Li, M. J. & Tao, W. Q. (2017). Review of methodologies and polices for evaluation of energy efficiency in high energy-consuming industry. Applied Energy, 187, 203-215. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.11.039
-  Koutitas, G. & Demestichas, P. (2010). A Review of Energy Efficiency in Telecommunication Networks. Telfor Journal, 2(1), 2-7. https://journal.telfor.rs/Published/Vol2No1/Vol2No1_A1.pdf
-  Menghi, R., Papetti, A., Germani, M. & Marco Marconi, M. (2019). Energy efficiency of manufacturing systems: A review of energy assessment methods and tools. Journal of Cleaner Production, 240, 118276, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.118276.
-  Saidur, R., Rahim, N.A. & Hasanuzzaman, M. (2010). A review on compressed-air energy use and energy savings. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 14 (4), 1135–1153. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2009.11.013
-  Radgen, P. & Blaustein, E. (2001). Compressed Air Systems in the European Union. Energy, Emissions, Savings Potential and Policy Actions. Stutgart, Germany: Fraunhofer Institute for Systems Technology and Innovation, LOGUL X Verlag GmbH
-  Desha, C. J. & Hargroves, K. (2010). Surveying the state of higher education in energy efficiency, in Australian engineering curriculum. Journal of Cleaner Production, 18(7), 652-658. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2009.07.004
-  Zografakis, N., Menegaki, A. N. & Tsagarakis, K. P. (2008). Effective education for energy efficiency. Energy Policy, 36(8), 3226-3232. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2008.04.021
-  Altan, H. (2010). Energy efficiency interventions in UK higher education institutions. Energy Policy, 38(12), 7722-7731. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2010.08.024
-  Subject: Energy efficiency of compressed air systems, Master Academic Studies: Industrial Engineering, Faculty of Technical Sciences in Novi Sad. http://ftn.uns.ac.rs/351802087
-  Subject: Energy efficiency of compressed air systems, Master Academic Studies: Mechatronics, Faculty of Technical Sciences in Novi Sad. http://ftn.uns.ac.rs/825882375
-  Subject: Selected chapters of the energy efficiency of automated systems, Doctoral Academic Studies: Industrial Engineering, Faculty of Technical Sciences in Novi Sad. http://ftn.uns.ac.rs/1282337347
-  Subject: Selected chapters of the energy efficiency of automated systems, Doctoral Academic Studies: Mechatronics, Faculty of Technical Sciences in Novi Sad. http://ftn.uns.ac.rs/1482887492
-  Dudić, S., Reljić, V., Šešlija, D., Dakić, N. & Blagojević, V. (2021). Improving Energy Efficiency of Flexible Pneumatic Systems. Energies, 14, 1819. https://doi.org/10.3390/en14071819
-  Šešlija, M., Reljić, V., Šešlija, D., Dudić, S., Dakić, N. & Jovanović Z. (2021). Reuse of Exhausted Air from Multi-Actuator Pneumatic Control Systems. Actuators. 10(6):125. https://doi.org/10.3390/act10060125
-  Šešlija, D., Milenković, I., Dudić, S. & Šulc, J. (2016). Improving energy efficiency in compressed air systems – practical experiences. Thermal Science, 20(2), 355- 370. https://doi.org/10.2298/TSCI151110022S
-  Ignjatović, I., Komenda, T., Šešlija, D. & Mališa, V. (2013). Optimisation of compressed air and electricity consumption in a complex robotic cell. Robotics and Computer- Integrated Manufacturing, 29(4), 70-76. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rcim.2012.11.001
-  Šešlija, D., Stojiljković, M., Golubović, Z., Blagojević, V. & Dudić, S. (2009). Identification of the possibilities for increasing energy efficiency in the compressed air systems. Facta universitatis-series: Mechanical Engineering, 7(1), 37-60.
-  Šulc, J., Reljić, V., Bajči, B. & Šešlija, D. (2016). Design and Development of Experimental Setup for Analysis and Synthesis of Control Laws in Manipulator Contact with Environment. 3rd International Scientific Conference „Conference on Mechanical Engineering Technologies and Applications“ – COMETa, Jahorina: Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, East Sarajevo, 7-9 Decembar, 2016, 87-92, ISBN 978-99976-623-7-8.
-  Festo. (2006). Air Box Type GHDA-FQ-M-FDMJ-A—Operating Instructions. Esslingen, Germany
-  Šulc, J., Šešlija, D., Reljić, V., Bajči, B. & Čajetinac, S. (2016). PWM Control of Coupled Motion of Two Axis Pneumatic Programmable Manipulator. 13th International Conference on Systems, Automatic Control and Measurements – SAUM, Niš, 9-11 Novembar, 2016