9th International Scientific Conference Technics and Informatics in Education – TIE 2022 (2022) стр. 364-370
АУТОР(И): Sanja Puzović, Jasmina Vesić Vasović, Vladan Paunović
Due to its ability to support the achievement of operational and strategic business excellence despite complex business conditions, growing globalization, demanding customers, and shorter product lifecycles, the Product Lifecycle Management concept (PLM concept) is becoming the most significant industry initiative today, while PLM education is becoming an essential strategy in the education of future engineers. The paper emphasized the necessity for the promotion of PLM education by academic communities, discussed PLM education issues, and identified key PLM competencies. It also explores the role of Engineering Management study programs in educating professionals with comprehensive PLM competencies.
PLM education; PLM concept; Engineering Management study programs
-  Fani, V., Falchi, C., Bindi, B., & Bandinelli, R. (2021). Implementation framework for PLM: a case study in the fashion industry. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 1-14.
-  Lee, S. G., Ma, Y. S., Thimm, G. L., & Verstraeten, J. (2008). Product lifecycle management in aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul. Computers in Industry, 59(2-3), 296-303.
-  Ming, X. G., Yan, J. Q., Lu, W. F., & Ma, D. Z. (2005). Technology solutions for collaborative product lifecycle management–status review and future trend. Concurrent Engineering, 13(4), 311-319.
-  CIMdata (2021). Market Analysis Results, PLM Market & Industry Forum, CIMdata, 2021
-  Ameri, F., & Dutta, D. (2005). Product lifecycle management: closing the knowledge loops. Computer-Aided Design and Applications, 2(5), 577-590.
-  CIMdata (2017). Are Students “RealWorld” Ready? The Challenge in Preparing Students for Industry 4.0, CIMdata, 2017, www.cimdata.com
-  Maranzana, N., Segonds, F., & Buisine, S. (2020). Collaborative design tools in engineering education: Insight to choose the appropriate PLM software. International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education, 48(2), 162-177.
-  Padillo, A., Racero, J., Molina, J. C., & Eguía, I. (2018, July). PLM for Education. The Next Generation of Engineers. In IFIP International Conference on Product Lifecycle Management (pp. 327-337). Springer, Cham.
-  Fradl, B., Sohrweide, A., & Nyffenegger, F. (2017, July). PLM in education–the escape from boredom. In IFIP International Conference on Product Lifecycle Management (pp. 297-307). Springer, Cham.
-  Bedolla, J. S., D’Antonio, G., Segonds, F., & Chiabert, P. (2016). PLM in Engineering Education: Insights on actual and future trends.
-  Tamaki, K. Y., Park, Y. W., Abe, T., & Goto, S. (2015). Development of Educational Programs for Global-PLM. Producer through Action Project Group Activities by Industry-University Cooperation.
-  CIMdata (2005). The High-End MCAD and cPDm Market Segments of the PLM Industry, A CIMdata Market Segment Spotlight, CIMdata.
-  dos Santos, D. S., Reis, D. A., & Fleury, A. L. (2020). Project Lifecycle Management (PLM): evolution and state of the art. Product: Management and Development, 18(1), 70-91.
-  Aras Corporation (2019)The Aras Platform, Andover
Missouri S&T Course Catalog, https://catalog.mst.edu