9th International Scientific Conference Technics and Informatics in Education – TIE 2022 (2022) стр. 302-308
АУТОР(И): Olga Ristić, Sandra Milunović Koprivica, Marjan Milošević
Social Human Behaviour algorithms are the next step in nature inspired algorithms development. In the past decade these are proved to be useful for various optimisation tasks. The paper provided a global preview of existing algorithms of this kind and focused on two specific algorithms, inspired by teaching and learning process: Teaching-Learning Based Optimization and Group Teaching Optimisation algorithms. The algorithms’ structure and flow are thoroughly explained and illustrated. A preview of algorithms’ application is reported, based on the recent research. It is concluded that this kind of algorithms can be aplied in various industry areas and that further research in this field is reqired.
TLBO; GTO; algorithm; teaching; learning
-  Rao, R.V., Savsani, V.J., Vakharia, D.P. (2011). Teaching–learning based optimization: A novel method for constrained mechanical design optimization problems. Computer-Aided Design, 43(3), 303–315.
-  Rao, R.V., Savsani, V.J., & Vakharia, D.P. (2012). Teaching-Learning Based Optimization: An optimization method for continuous non-linear large scale problems. Information Science, 183, 1-15.
-  Rao, R., & Patel, V.K. (2012). An elitist teaching-learning-based optimization algorithm for solving complex constrained optimization problems. International Journal of Industrial Engineering Computations, 3, 535-560.
-  Chaves-González, J.M., Pérez-Toledano, M.A., Navasa, A. (2015). Teaching learning based optimization with Pareto tournament for the multiobjective software requirements selection, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, 43, 89-101.
-  Zou, F., Chen, D., & Qingzheng Xu, A. (2018). Survey of Teaching–Learning Based Optimization, Neurocomputing, 335, 2019, 366-383.
-  Zhang, Y., Jin, Z. (2020). Group teaching optimization algorithm: A novel metaheuristic method for solving global optimization problems, Expert Systems with Applications, 148, 113246.
-  R. V. Rao, V. J. Savsani & J. Balic (2012) Teaching–learning-based optimization algorithm for unconstrained and constrained real-parameter optimization problems, Engineering Optimization, 44:12, 1447-1462.
-  Cheng, J., Jin, H. (2021). Structural Reliability Analysis Using Group Teaching Optimization Algorithm. The 7th International Conference on Environmental Science and Civil Engineering. 719 022015.
-  Pickard, J.K., Carretero, J.A., & Bhavsar, V.C. (2016). On the convergence and origin bias of the Teaching-Learning Based Optimization algorithm. Appl. Soft Comput., 46, 115-127.
-  Rao, R.V. (2016). Teaching–Learning based Optimization Algorithm and Its Engineering Applications. Springer.
-  Li, D., Zhang, C., Shao, X. et al. (2016). A multi-objective TLBO algorithm for balancing two-sided assembly line with multiple constraints. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 27, 725–739.  Srinivasan, M., Jothimani, G., Shifli, M. M. Y., Srinivasan, M. (2021). Harmonic Elimination in Multilevel Inverter Using TLBO Algorithm for Marine Propulsion System,
-  Joshi, D., Mittal, M. L., Sharma, M. K., & Kumar, M. (2019). An effective teaching-learning-based optimization algorithm for the multi-skill resource-constrained project scheduling problem. Journal of Modelling in Management, 14(4), 1064–1087.
-  Jiang, Y., Wu, Q., Zhang, G., Zhu, S., & Xing, W. (2021). A diversified group teaching optimization algorithm with segment-based fitness strategy for unmanned aerial vehicle route planning, Expert Systems with Applications, 185, 115690.
-  Liang, P., Fu, Y., Gao, K. et al. (2021). An enhanced group teaching optimization algorithm for multi-product disassembly line balancing problems. Complex Intelligent System, 16 p.
-  Rao, R.V. (2016). Review of applications of TLBO algorithm and a tutorial for beginners to solve the unconstrained and constrained optimization problems. Decision Science Letters, 5, 1-30.
-  Almutairi, K., Algarni, S., Alqahtani, T., Moayedi, H., Mosavi, A. (2022). A TLBO-Tuned Neural Processor for Predicting Heating Load in Residential Buildings. Sustainability, 14, 5924.
-  Jin, L., Zhang, C., Wen, X., Sun, C., Fei., X. (2021). A neutrosophic set-based TLBO algorithm for the flexible job-shop scheduling problem with routing flexibility and uncertain processing times, Complex & Intelligent Systems, 7, 2833-2853.
-  Ristić, O., Milunović Koprivica, S. (2022). Nature-inspired optimization algorithms for supply chain management problem: A review. 1th International Conference on Advances in Science and Technology COAST 2022, Herceg Novi, Montenegro, May 26-29, 10 p. Marine Technology Society Journal, 55(2), pp. 117-126.