9th International Scientific Conference Technics and Informatics in Education – TIE 2022 (2022) стр. 278-282
АУТОР(И): Marjan Milošević, Žarko Bogićević, Olga Ristić
Companies are moving towards the cloud more than ever, and startups are getting full support from cloud providers in terms of consulting and credits, with developers adopting new programming models shifting further away from traditional technologies. However, teaching cloud computing is still a major undertaking, as it is still difficult choosing the right tools, learning platforms, and creating curriculums to cover such a wide body of knowledge. One of the newest additions to teaching cloud is the AWS Academy curriculum and learner labs and long-running labs. In this paper, the results of implementing the AWS Academy with a hybrid model at Faculty of Technical Sciences are observed. Post-semester evaluation showed up that use of this initiative’s resources can fully support an introductory course in cloud computing. However the proper adaptation is needed to fully utilise the platform and achieve the learning goals.
AWS Academy; cloud computing; e-learning; teaching cloud
-  Grand View research (2020). Cloud Computing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Service (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), By Deployment (Public, Private, Hybrid), By Enterprise Size, By End Use (BFSI, IT & Telecom, Retail & Consumer Goods), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2022–2030, Available at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cloud-computing-industry#:~:text=The%20global%20cloud%20computing%20market,15.7%25%20from%202022%20to%202030 [July 5, 2022]
-  Microsoft (2022). Microsoft Learn for Educators, Available at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/educator-center/programs/msle/ [July 5, 2022]
-  Google (2022). Google Cloud for Faculty, Available: https://cloud.google.com/edu/faculty [July 5, 2022]
-  Amazon (2022). AWS Academy, Available: https://aws.amazon.com/training/awsacademy/ [July 5, 2022]
-  Sommerville, I. (2013). Teaching cloud computing: A software engineering perspective, The Journal of Systems and Software, 44(9), 2330-2332, doi: 10.1016/j.jss.2013.01.050
-  Breivold, H.P., Crnkovic. I. (2014). Cloud Computing education strategies, 2014 IEEE 27th Conference on Software Engineering Education and Training (CSEE&T), 29-38, doi: 10.1109/CSEET.2014.6816778.
-  Anglano, C., Canonico M., Guazzone. M. (2020). Teaching Cloud Computing: Motivations, Challenges and Tools, 2020 IEEE International Parallel and Distributed
Processing Symposium Workshops (IPDPSW), 300-306, doi: 10.1109/IPDPSW50202.2020.00062.
-  Demchenko, Y. et al, (2019). Teaching DevOps and Cloud Based Software Engineering in University Curricula. 15th International Conference on eScience (eScience), 548-552.
-  Leih, M. (2021). Leveraging AWS Educate Classrooms in Cloud Computing Courses, Proceedings of the EDSIG Conference, Washington DC, Available: http://proc.iscap.info/2021/pdf/5563.pdf [July 5, 2022]