9th International Scientific Conference Technics and Informatics in Education – TIE 2022 (2022) стр. 257-263
АУТОР(И): Nemanja Jovanović
With the appearance of the first registered case of corona, as one of the world’s most widespread and most dangerous viral infections, the need to monitor and predict the epidemiological situation is growing, both in the world and in our country. In this paper, the epidemiological data of the Republic of Serbia regarding the Corona virus in the period from 2020 to June 2021 are analyzed. Data were analyzed by regression methods, as one of the data mining techniques. Depending on the choice of regression method (simple, multiple and linear), a number of parameters were selected that include the number of persons (positive, tested, deceased, hospitalized and respirator) in relation to the time of the pandemic to make the most accurate prediction. As a result of the research using regression methods, it was found that the trend of development of the Corona virus epidemic is decreasing, i.e. (id est.) that preventive measures as well as the process of vaccination and revaccination have had an effect in the fight against Corona virus.
regression; corona; data mining; analysis; the data
-  Agha, S. & Haider, A. (2014). An Introduction to Data Mining Technique. International Journal of Advancement in Engineering Technology, Management & Applied Science, 1(3), 66.
-  Principal Component Analysis (PCA). (2020, October 24). Towards AI. Retrieved April 5,
2020, from https://towardsai.net/p/data-mining/principal-component-analysis-pca
-  Olson, D. L. (2007). Data mining in business services. Service Business, 1(3), 181-193, doi:10.1007/s11628-006-0014-7
-  Researchgate.net Retrieved April 10, 2022, from https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Main-data-mining-techniques_fig2_270552309
-  Golberg, M., Cho, H. (2010). Introduction to Regression Analysis. Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, USA, 1.
-  Halili, F., Rustemi, A. (2016). Predictive Modeling: Data Mining Regression Technique Applied in a Prototype, 212-213.
-  Freedman, D.A. (2009). Statistical Models: Theory and Practice. Cambridge University Press, 26.
-  Abazid, M. (2018). Least squares methods to forecast sales for a company. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 864.
-  Verma, J.P. (2013). Data Analysis in Management with SPPS Software. Springer, 145-146, doi: 10.1007/978-81-322-0786-3.
-  Bethea, R. M., Duran, B. S. and Boullion, T. L. (1985) Statistical methods for engineers and scientists: Second edition, revised and expanded. New York, NY: Marcel Dekker., 48(9), 351.
-  Lawson, K., Buncher, D. (2014, December 2). Statistical software. Ncss.com. Retrieved April 22, 2022, from https://www.ncss.com/
-  Office for Information Technologies and Electronic Administration (2020) Covid-19 Daily report on the epidemiological situation in the Republic of Serbia [Data set]. Retrieved May 5, 2022, from https://data.gov.rs/sr/datasets/covid-19-dnevni-izveshtaj-o-epidemioloshkoj-situatsiji-u-republitsi-srbiji
-  Bhaya, W.S., S.A. Alasadi (2017). Review of Data Preprocessing Techniques in Data Mining. Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 12(16), 4102-4107, doi:10.36478/jeasci.2017.4102.4107