9th International Scientific Conference Technics and Informatics in Education – TIE 2022 (2022) стр. 153-158
АУТОР(И): Predrag Stolić, Danijela Milošević, Zoran Stević
Learning temperature measurement procedures is extremely important for students of the technical professions. The previous practice was mostly based on the study of contact methods of measurement, however, due to the progress of technology, there is a need for a more detailed introduction to non-contact temperature measurement procedures, such as thermovision. When studying thermovision, in addition to the thermovision camera, the software supplied with it is also used to analyze the obtained thermograms. However, in most cases this software is not suitable for use in a teaching process. Due to this, the paper presents a solution based on the use of a different type of software compared to the traditionally used software during the introduction to thermovision procedures. The entire code for the software was developed in the Python programming language using elements of computer vision, image analysis and other capabilities that Python offers through its various modules. The entire environment intended for learning was implemented using virtualization techniques. An adequate virtual machine was implemented using free software and open source software.
Engineering education; Image processing; OpenCV; Python; Thermovision
-  Popović, M. (2004). Senzori i merenja. Srpsko Sarajevo, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina: Zavod za udžbenike i nastavna sredstva.
-  Norton, H. (1989). Handbook of Transducers. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, USA: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
-  Ranđić, S. (2010). Inteligentni senzori. Čačak, Republic of Serbia: University in Kragujevac, Faculty of Technical Sciences Čačak.
-  University of Belgrade-Technical faculty in Bor, Book of courses for study program Mining engineering – undergraduate studies (on Serbian). (2019). Available at https://www.tfbor.bg.ac.rs/files/doc/ studijski-programi/RI/2019/oas_ri_knjiga_predmeta.pdf Last accessed on July 5, 2022.
-  Thermography Pocket Guide. (2017). Lenzkirch, Germany: Testo SE & Co. KGaA
-  Introduction to Thermography Principles. (2009). Orlando Park, Illinois, USA: American Technical Publishers Inc., Fluke Corporation and The Snell Group.
-  Stević, Z., Rajčić-Vujasinović, M., Antić, D. (2008). Primena termovizije. Bor, Republic of Serbia: University of Belgrade, Technical Faculty in Bor.
-  The Complete Guidebook on Thermal Screening for Elevated Skin Temperature. (2020). Wilsonville, Oregon, USA: FLIR Systems, Inc.
-  Stolić P., Stević Z., Stanimirović Z., Stanimirovic I. (2022). Implementation of anti-covid measures in university educational process taking advantage of thermal imaging approach. In: Proceedings of the XXIII international scientific-practical conference Modern information and electronic technologies („MIET-2022“). Odesa, Ukraine, 34-37
-  Howse J., Minichino J. (2020). Learning OpenCV 4 Computer Vision with Python 3. 3rd ed. Birmingham, UK: Packt Publishing
-  OpenCV Documentation. Getting Started with Videos. Available at https://docs.opencv.org/4.x/dd/d43/tutorial_py_video_display.html Last accessed on July 8, 2022
-  Moore A. (2018). Python GUI Programming with Tkinter. Birmingham, UK: Packt Publishing
-  Stolić, P., Peulić, A., Tanikić, D. (2018). Software development for thermovision application in triage procedures of emergency conditions. In: Proceedings of the 26th International Conference on Ecological Truth and Environmental Research – EcoTER ’18, Bor Lake, Serbia, 379-384.