9th International Scientific Conference Technics and Informatics in Education – TIE 2022 (2022) стр. 69-73
АУТОР(И): Marija Krstić, Veljko Aleksić, Lazar Krstić
Technological advances have enabled the sustainability and desirability of augmented and virtual reality in many domains. When it comes to their application in education, it should be noted that they provide new models of learning that better meet the needs of modern society. The paper presents an overview of previous research on augmented and virtual reality in education. By reviewing and analyzing related works, relevant results were obtained on the application, benefits, and impact of augmented and virtual reality on the educational process. The paper aims to examine the importance of introducing augmented and virtual reality in education based on the analysis of the results of previous research and to present the reasons for the justification of their application, which will become a reality shortly.
augmented reality; virtual reality; education
-  Mitrović, K., Jakšić, A., Ćurčić, J., Bogojević, B., Gračanin, D. (2020). Primena tehnologije virtuelne i proširene stvarnosti u obazovanju. XXVI Skup Trendovi razvoja: “Inovacije u modernom obrazovanju”, Kopaonik, No. T.1.3-23, 1-4.
-  Elmqaddem, N., (2019). Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality in Education. Myth or Reality?. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning, Vol. 14, No. 3, 234-242.
-  Gudoniene, D., Rutkauskiene D. (2019). Virtual and Augmented Reality in Education. Baltic J. Modern Computing, Vol. 7, No. 2, 293-300.
-  Daniela, L., Lytras, M.D. (2019). Editorial: themed issue on enhanced educational experience in virtual and augmented reality. Virtual Reality 23, 325–327.
-  Siegle, D. (2019). „Seeing Is Believing: Using Virtual and Augmented Reality to Enhance
Student Learning“. Gifted Child Today 42 (1), 46-52
-  Huang, K. T., Ball, C., Francis, J., Ratan, R., Boumis, J., & Fordham, J. (2019). Augmented versus virtual reality in education: An exploratory study examining science knowledge retention when using augmented reality/virtual reality mobile applications. Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking 22(2), 105-110.
-  Wanis I. A. и Nur Affendy N. M. (2019). A review on collaborative learning environment across virtual and augmented reality technology. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 551, No. 1, IOP Publishing.
-  Demitriadou, E., Stavroulia, KE., Lanitis, A. (2020). Comparative evaluation of virtual and augmented reality for teaching mathematics in primary education. Educ Inf Technol 25, 381–401.
-  Alalwan, N., Cheng, L.K., Al-Samarraie, H., Yousef, R., Ibrahim Alzahrani, A., & Sarsam, S.M. (2020). Challenges and Prospects of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Utilization among Primary School Teachers: A Developing Country Perspective. Studies in Educational Evaluation, 66.
-  Jantjies, M., Maart, R.D. & Moodley, T. (2018). Experiential learning through virtual and augmented reality in higher education. Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Education Technology Management CETM 2018. Conference Proceedings Series by ACM, 42-45.
-  Nesenbergs, K., Abolins, V., Ormanis, J., & Mednis, A. (2020). Use of Augmented and Virtual Reality in Remote Higher Education: A Systematic Umbrella Review. Education Sciences, 11(1), 8.
-  Papanastasiou, G., Drigas, A., Skianis, C., Lytras, M., Papanastasiou E. (2019). Virtual and augmented reality effects on K-12, higher and tertiary education students’ twenty-first century skills. Virtual Real. 23(4). 425-436
-  Gómez-García, M., Trujillo-Torres, J., Aznar-Díaz, I., & Cáceres-Reche, M. (2018). Augment reality and virtual reality for the improvement of spatial competences in Physical Education. Journal of Human Sport and Exercise, 189-198.
-  Muñoz-Saavedra, L., Miró-Amarante, L., Domínguez-Morales, M. (2020). Augmented and virtual reality evolution and future tendency. Applied sciences, 10(1), 322.
-  Baratè, A., Haus, G., Ludovico, L. A., Pagani, E., & Scarabottolo, N. (2019). 5G technology for augmented and virtual reality in education. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Education and New Developments Vol. 2019, 512-516.
-  Sermet, Y., & Demir, I. (2020). Virtual and augmented reality applications for environmental science education and training. In New Perspectives on Virtual and Augmented Reality, Routledge. 261-275
-  Milovanovic, J., Moreau, G., Siret, D., & Miguet, F. (2017, July). Virtual and augmented reality in architectural design and education. In 17th International Conference, CAAD Futures 2017.
-  Mendez, K. J. W., Piasecki, R. J., Hudson, K., Renda, S., Mollenkopf, N., Nettles, B. S., Han, H. R. (2020). Virtual and augmented reality: Implications for the future of nursing education. Nurse Education Today, 93
-  Kuehn, Б.М. (2018). Virtual and Augmented Reality Put a Twist on Medical Education. JAMA. 319 (8), 756-758
-  McCarthy, C. J., & Uppot, R. N. (2019). Advances in virtual and augmented reality-exploring the role in health-care education. Journal of Radiology Nursing,38(2), 104-105
-  Pelargos, P. E., Nagasawa, D. T., Lagman, C., Tenn, S., Demos, J. V., Lee, S. J., … & Yang, I. (2017). Utilizing virtual and augmented reality for educational and clinical enhancements in neurosurgery. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, 35, 1-4.
-  Moro, C., Štromberga, Z., Raikos, A., & Stirling, A. (2017). The effectiveness of virtual and augmented reality in health sciences and medical anatomy. Anatomical sciences education, 10(6), 549-559.
-  Kuhn, S., Huettl, F., Deutsch, K., Kirchgässner, E., Huber, T., & Kneist, W. (2021). Chirurgische Ausbildung im digitalen Zeitalter – Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality und Robotik im Medizinstudium [Surgical
Education in the Digital Age – Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Robotics in the Medical School]. Zentralblatt fur Chirurgie, 146(1), 37-43.
-  Uppot, R. N., Laguna, B., McCarthy, C. J., De Novi, G., Phelps, A., Siegel, E., & Courtier, J. (2019). Implementing virtual and augmented reality tools for radiology education and training, communication, and clinical care. Radiology, 291(3), 570-580.
-  Vasilevski, N., & Birt, J. (2020). Analysing construction student experiences of mobile mixed reality enhanced learning in virtual and augmented reality environments. Research in Learning Technology
-  Bozzelli, G., Raia, A., Ricciardi, S., Nino, M.D., Barile, N., Perrella, M., Tramontano, M., Pagano, A., & Palombini, A. (2019). An integrated VR/AR framework for user-centric interactive experience of cultural heritage: The ArkaeVision project. Digit. Appl. Archaeol. Cult. Heritage, 15, 00124.
-  Ivan, K., & Alexander, N. (2019). Future of the Electrical Engineering Education on the AR and VR Basis. Proceedings of the 2019 International Conference on Video, Signal and Image Processing.
-  F. M. Dinis, A. S. Guimarães, B. R. Carvalho and J. P. Poças Martins, „Virtual and augmented reality game-based applications to civil engineering education,“2017 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), 2017, 1683-1688