9th International Scientific Conference Technics and Informatics in Education – TIE 2022 (2022) стр. 40-48
АУТОР(И): Ljubica Kazi, Dragica Radosav, Zoltan Kazi, Narendra Chotaliya, Maša Knežević, Vuk Amižić, Danilo Čolović
In aim to improve information service to students and all university schools information stakeholders, it is very important to make and maintain institutional web portals structure and design to be modern, functional and pleasant for use. This paper is focused on analysis of web portals designs, with special attention to university portals of technical sciences schools having information technology-related study programmes. In this empirical research, an evaluation model to be applied upon the sample web portals is formulated according to the framework of user experience design cumulatively, by extraction of web pages, elements and their characteristics from web portals in the research sample. This evaluation model is applied in analysis of characteristics of each item in the sample, i.e. each web portal of schools of technical sciences that belong to state-owned universities in Serbia. Conclusions are related towards formulating a set of web design quality characteristics which could be applicable in benchmarking, redesign or creating new web portals.
web design, evaluation model, software quality, technical sciences university schools.
- Harvey, C. M, Koubek, R.J, Rothrock, L,Darisipudi A, Kim J, Munch J (2011). CognitiveErgonomics. Chapter in: Handbook of HumanFactors in Web Design. Taylor & Francis, CRCPress. https://doi.org/10.1201/b10855
- Stanford University, School of Engineering,https://engineering.stanford.edu/[accessed: July 12, 2022]
- Forkosh-Baruch A, Hershkovitz A. (2012). ACase Study of Israeli Higher-educationInstitutes Sharing Scholarly Information withthe Community via Social Networks. Internetand Higher Education. 15. 58-68.
- Pal S, Pramanik P.K.D, Choundhury P. (2019)A Step Towards Smart Learning: Designing anInteractive Video-Based M-Learning Systemfor Educational Institutes. InternationalJournal of Web-Based Learning and TeachingTechnologies. Volume 14. Issue 4. October-December 2019.
- Nagpal R, Mehrotra D, Bhatia P.K, Sharma A(2015). FAHP Approach to Rank Educational Websites on Usability. International Journal of Computing and Digital Systems, ISSN 2210-142X, Vol 4, No 4. Oct 2015.
- Long J, Dowel J (1989). Conceptions of theDiscipline of HCI: Craft, Applied Science andEngineering. In: V. Sutcliffe A. and Macaulay L.(eds). People and Computers. CambridgeUniversity Press, Cambridge. Proceedings ofthe Fifth Conference of the BCS HCI SIG,Nottingham 5-8 September 1989.
- Zimmerman J, Forlizzi J, Evenson S (2007).Research Through Design as a Method forInteraction Design Research in HCI.Proceedings of CHI 2007, April 28–May 3,2007, San Jose, California, USA, pp. 493-402.
- Lynch P.J, Horton S. Web Style Guide:Foundations of User Experience Design (2016).Yale University.
- Garnett J,J (2000). The Elements of UserExperience.http://www.jjg.net/elements/pdf/elements.pdf [accessed: July 13, 2022]
- Knntti K, Bannon L. J. (2014). The Turn toPractice in HCI: Towards a Research Agenda,Proceedings of CHI 2014, April 26-May 01,2014, Toronto, Canada, pp. 3543-3552.
- Bodker S (2006), When Second Wave HCIMeets Third Wave Challenges, Proceedings ofNordiCHI 2006, 14-18 October 2006, Oslo,Norway.
- Resende M.S, Busch W. P, Pereira R. (2007)The Three Waves of HCI: A Perspective fromSocial Sciences. Workshop at XVI SimpósioBrasileiro sobre Fatores Humanos em SistemasComputacionais (IHC 2017), 23 de outubro de2017 – Joinville (SC), Brasil.
- Dearden, A, Finlay, J. (2006). Patternlanguages in HCI: a critical review. Humancomputer interaction, 21 (1), 49-102.
- Abdul A, Vermeulen J, Wang D, Lim B. Y,Kankanhalli M. (2018). Trends and Trajectoriesfor Explainable, Accountable and IntelligibleSystems: An HCI Research Agenda.Proceedings of CHI 2018, April 21–26, 2018,Montréal, QC, Canada.
- Astani M, Elhindi M.A (2008). An EmpiricalStudy of University Websites. Issues inInformation Systems. Vol IX. No 2. 460-465.
- AlMeraj Z, Boujarwah F, Alhuwail D, Qadri R(2021). Evaluating the Accessibility of HigherEducation Institution Websites in the State ofKuwait: Empirical Evidence. Universal Accessin the Information Society. 20. 121-138.
- University of Belgrade, School of ElectricalEngineering web portal,https://www.etf.bg.ac.rs/ [accessed: July 12,2022]
- University of Novi Sad, Faculty of TechnicalSciences, http://ftn.uns.ac.rs/ [accessed: July12, 2022]
- University of Nis, Faculty of ElectronicEngineering, https://www.elfak.ni.ac.rs[accessed: July 12, 2022]
- University of Kragujevac, Faculty of TechnicalSciences Cacak, http://www.ftn.kg.ac.rs/[accessed: July 12, 2022]
- State university of Novi Pazar, Department forTechnical Sciences,http://www.dunp.np.ac.rs/ [accessed: July12, 2022]
- University of Pristina (temporary in KosovskaMitrovica), Faculty of Technical Sciences,https://ftn.pr.ac.rs/ [accessed: July 12,2022]