9th International Scientific Conference Technics and Informatics in Education – TIE 2022 (2022) стр. 27-31
АУТОР(И): Damir Purković, Stjepan Kovačević
The students’ attitude towards teaching is important in order to arouse interest and motivation for the lessons. In addition to the teacher, who plays the most important role, the environment in which instruction takes place can also influence student interest and motivation. Considering the peculiarities of technology and computer science teaching, the equipment of the classroom where the teaching takes place could have an influence. Therefore, the relationship between students’ perceptions of workshop/classroom facilities and their attitudes toward teaching technology and computer science was investigated here. The research was conducted in the form of a survey among a sample of 5th-8th grade students (N = 2155) from primary schools in Croatia. The results show a positive correlation between the students’ perception of the equipment and the statements that technical culture is important for life, that there should be more teaching in technical culture, that they like hands-on activities, and that they like working with technology. A weak correlation was found between the equipment and the need for more informatics and attitudes towards a career in this area. Therefore, it can be concluded that equipment is important for making students aware of the importance of this teaching, but it is not a decisive predictor of student attitudes.
informatics; technology teaching; equipment; students’ attitudes; technical culture
- Hargreaves, D. (1999). Helping PractitionersExplore Theirs Culture. In: Prosser, J., SchoolCulture. London: Paul Chapman Publishing,48-65.
- Valjan Vukić, V. (2012). Prostorno okruženjekao poticaj za razvoj i učenje djecepredškolske dobi. Magistra Iadertina, 7(7),123-132.
- Zini, M. (2006). Vidi, osluhni, dodirni, okusi,pomiriši i voli. Dijete, vrtić, obitelj, 12 (44), 15-17.https://hrcak.srce.hr/177825. Accessed15 June 2018.
- Purković, D. & Kovačević, S. (2020). Teachers’perception of the influence of the teachingcontext on cognitive achievements in general
technology education. International journal of cognitive research in science, engineering and education, 8 (Special issue), 1-15 doi:10.23947/2334-8496-2020-8-SI-1-15
- Petrina, S. (2007). Advanced TeachingMethods for the Technology Classroom.Hershey-London-Melbourne-Singapore:Information Science Publishing.
- Purković, D. & Kovačević, S. (2020).Hierarchical structure of the importance ofteaching context in general technologyeducation. Knowledge, 40 (2), 317-325.
- Purković, D., Suman, D. & Jelaska, I. (2020).Age and gender differences between pupils’preferences in teaching general andcompulsory technology education in Croatia.International Journal of Technology and DesignEducation, 17, 234, 19 doi:10.1007/s10798-020-09586-x
- Ardies, J., De Maeyer, S., & Gijbels, D. (2013).Reconstructing the Pupils Attitude TowardsTechnology- survey. Design and TechnologyEducation: An International Journal, 18(1).https://ojs.lboro.ac.uk/DATE/article/view/1796.Accessed 12 May 2018.
- Purković, D., Delač, D. & Kovačević, S. (2022).Interests of Croatian primary school pupilsabout elective technology teaching and schoolactivities. Metodički ogledi, 29 (1), 167-189doi:10.21464/mo.29.1.6.
-  Ajduković, M. & Keresteš, G. (2020). Etičkikodeks istraživanja s djecom.https://mrost.gov.hr. Accessed 24 March2022.
-  Purković, D. (2015). Realiteti tehničke kulture.Rijeka: Sveučilište u Rijeci, Filozofski fakultet,Odsjek za politehniku.
-  EC (2019). 2nd Survey of Schools: ICT inEducation. Luxembourg: Publications Office ofthe European Union, 2019.https://data.europa.eu. Accesed 12 June2022.
-  Kolić-Vehovec, S., Vuković, A., Mehić, N.(2020). Uvođenje suvremenih tehnologija uučenje i poučavanja. in Kolić-Vehovec, S.(ed.), Uvođenje suvremenih tehnologija uučenje i poučavanje: Istraživanje učinakapilot-projekta e-Škole, Rijeka: Sveučilište uRijeci, Filozofski fakultet.
- Svenningsson, J., Hultén, M., & Hallström, J.(2016). Student attitudes toward technology:what is hidden behind the survey answers?, inde Vries, M., Bekker-Holtland, A., van Dijk, G.(Eds.), PATT-32 Proceedings: TechnologyEducation for 21st Century Skills, Board of thePATT Foundation.