AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Aleksandar Petrovic, Nikolina Lisov, Ivana Plavsic-Janjatovic, Ivana Sredovic-Ignjatovic, Danka Mitrovic
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
The chemical composition of wine depends on the degree of maturity and quality of the grapes, as well as the agroecological conditions under which the grapes are grown. Tannins are of particular importance for wines, they are the source of the characteristic astringency of red wines. The main aim of this study was to investigate the influence of addition of enological tannins (0.05 g/L; 0.15 g/L; 0.3 g/L) on the phenolic composition of wine. The effect of the addition of differenttannins on the certain phenolic compounds (gallic acid, caffeic acid, ellagic acid and quercetin) was measured by HPLC analysis.Only forcontent of gallic and caffeic acid, there was a statistically significant difference between the control sample and all other samples with added tannins.
KEYWORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
enological tannins, phenolic compounds, wine, HPLC analyse
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- Bautista-Ortín, A. B., Fernández-Fernández, J. I., López-Roca, J. M., Gómez-Plaza, E. (2007). The effects of enological practices in anthocyanins, phenolic compounds and wine colour and their dependence on grape characteristics. Journal of food composition and analysis. 20(7): 546-552.
- Bautista‐Ortín, A. B., Martínez‐Cutillas, A., Ros‐García, J. M., López‐Roca, J. M., Gómez‐Plaza, E. (2005). Improving colour extraction and stability in red wines: the use of maceration enzymes and enological tannins. International journal of food science & technology. 40(8): 867-878.
- Chen, K., Escott, C., Loira, I., Del Fresno, J. M., Morata, A., Tesfaye, W., Calderon, F., Benito, S., Suárez-Lepe, J. A. (2016). The effects of pre-fermentative addition of oenological tannins on wine components and sensorial qualities of red wine. Molecules, 21(11): 1445.
- Ghanem, C., Taillandier, P., Rizk, M., Rizk, Z., Nehme, N., Souchard, J. P., El Rayess, Y. (2017). Analysis of the impact of fining agents types, oenological tannins and mannoproteins and their concentrations on the phenolic composition of red wine. LWT-Food Science and Technology. 83: 101-109.
- Herderich, M. J., Smith, P. A. (2005). Analysis of grape and wine tannins: Methods, applications and challenges. Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research. 11(2): 205-214.
- Li, L., Li, Z., Wei, Z., Yu, W., Cui, Y. (2020). Effect of tannin addition on chromatic characteristics, sensory qualities and antioxidant activities of red wines. RSC advances. 10(12): 7108-7117.
- Ribéreau-Gayon, P., Glories, Y., Maujean, A., Dubordieu, D. (2006). Handbook of enology, Volume 2: The chemistry od wine – Stabilization and treatments hardcover. London: John Wiley and sons.
- Smith, P. A., McRae, J. M., Bindon, K. A. (2015). Impact of winemaking practices on the concentration and composition of tannins in red wine. Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research, 21: 601-614.
- Tanner, H., Brunner, H.R. (1979). Gentranke-Analytik. Verlag Heller-Chemie und Verwaltunsgesellschaft mbH, Deutschland.
- Vazallo-Valleumbrocio, G., Medel-Marabolí, M., Peña-Neira, Á., López-Solís, R., Obreque-Slier, E. (2017). Commercial enological tannins: Characterization and their relative impact on the phenolic and sensory composition of Carménère wine during bottle aging. LWT-Food Science and Technology. 83: 172-183.