AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Jelena Mašković, Gorica Paunović, Pavle Mašković, Ivana Kaplarević
Download Full Pdf
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
The chemical analysis of five different brands of orange juice in the Serbian market were evaluated to determine their overall quality. Assays were evaluated for eight quantitative characters: pH value, moisture content, total solids, acidity, content of Ca2+, Mg2+, Cl– and Vitamin C at the laboratory of the Faculty of Agronomy, Čačak. The analyses were performed under the Ordinance on fruit juices and certain related products intended for human consumption („Official Gazette of RS“, No. 103/2018, 94/2019, 2/2020 – correction, 84/2020). Generally, the juice samples were within the regulatory specifications, and are fit for consumption.
KEYWORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
Orange juice, chemical analysis, vitamin C
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- Adubofuor J., Amankwah E., Arthur B., Appiah F. (2010). Comparative study related to physico-chemical properties and sensory qualities of tomato juice and cocktail juice produced from oranges, tomatoes and carrots. Afr. J. Food Sci. 4(7):427-433.
- Anvoh K, Zoro-Bi A, Gnakin D (2009).Production and characterization of juice from mucilage of cocoa beans and its transformation to marmalade. Pak. J. Nutr. 8(2):129-133.
- Egbekun MK., Akubor PI. (2007). Chemical composition and sensory properties of melon seed- orange juice beverage. Nig. Food J. 24(1):42-45.
- Ezeama CF(2007). Food Microbiology: Fundamentals and Applications. Natural Prints Ltd. Lagos. 23: 331-340.
- Jay, J.M. (2000) Modern Food Microbiology. 6th Edition, Aspen Publishers, Inc., Gaithersburg, 635 p. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4615-4427-2.
- Kelebek H., Selli S. (2011). Determination of volatile, phenolic, organic acid and sugar components in a Turkish cv. Dortyol (Citrus sinensis L. Osbeck) orange juice. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 91(10), 1855-1862.
- Klimczak I., Małecka M., Szlachta, M., Gliszczyńska-Świgło A. (2007). Effect of storage on the content of polyphenols, vitamin C and the antioxidant activity of orange juices. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, 20(3-4), 313-322.
- Landon S (2007). Fruit juice nutrition and health (Review). Food Australia 59 (11):533-538.
- Potter H., Hotchkiss I. (2006). Food Science. (5th ed.). CBS Publishers and Distributors. New Delhi, India, 624 p.
- Vanamala J., Reddivari L., Sun-Yoo K., Pike L., Patil B. (2006). Variation in the content of bioactive flavonoids in different brands of orange and grapefruit juices. J. Food Compost. Anal. 19:157-166.
- Wardlaw GM. (2004). Perspectives in Nutrition. (6th ed.). McGram Hill Companies, New York, U.S.A., 752 p.
- Wenkam A. (1990). Utilization and Processing of Fruits. Macmillan Press, London. pp. 388 -506.