AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Milan Mitić, Jelena Mitić, Jelena Nikolić, Pavle Mašković
Download Full Pdf
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
This study aimed to determine and compare a polyphenolic profile of the fruit tree leaves of ten commonly commercially and wildly consumed fruits: apricot, plum, peach, quince, apple, blackcurrant, redcurrant, blackberry, raspberry, and dog rose. The polyphenolic profile was determined using HPLCmethod.Inleaves were identified 17 individual phenolics. To evaluate relationships through various fruit tree leaves, Principal Component Analysis (PCA)was employed. Two statistically significant components were identified, grouping fruit tree leaves based on phenolic compounds content.
KEYWORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
tree leaves, polyphenolic profile, HPLC, Principal component analysis
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- Staszowska-Karkut M., Materska M. (2020). Phenolic Composition, Mineral Content, and Beneficial Bioactivities of Leaf Extracts from Black Currant (Ribes nigrum L.), Raspberry (Rubus idaeus), and Aronia (Aronia melanocarpa). Nutrient. 12(2): 1-14.
- Velderrain-Rodríguez G.R., Palafox-Carlos H., Wall-Medrano A., Ayala-Zavala J.F., Chen C.O., Robles-Sánchez M., Astiazaran-Garcia H., Alvarez-Parrilla E., González-Aguilar G.A. (2014). Phenolic compounds: Their journey after intake. Food and Functional. (5): 189–197.
- Fermini A.N., Lamari F.N. (2016). Berry leaves: An alternative source of bioactive natural products of nutritional and medicinal value. Antioxidants. (5): 17–37.
- Jolliffe I.T, Cadima J. (2016).Principal component analysis: a review andrecent developments. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society a Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences.374 (2065): 1-16.
- Pavlović J., Mitić S., Mitić M., Kocić G., Pavlović A., Tošić S. (2019). Variation in the Phenolic Compounds Profile and Antioxidant Activity in Different Parts of Hawthorn (Crataegus pentagyna Willd.) During Harvest Periods. Polish Journal of Food and Nutrition Science.(69): 367–378.
- Mitić M.N., Souquet J.M., Obradović M.V., Mitić S.S. (2012). Phytochemical profiles and antioxidant activity of Serbian table and wine grapes. Food Science and Biotechnology. 21(6): 1619–1626.