AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Valerija Pantelić, Nemanja Miletić, Vesna Milovanović, Igor Đurović, Marko Petković, Alexander Lukyanov, Vladimir Filipović
Download Full Pdf
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
The drying experiments of microwave (MD) and convective (CD) dehydration of raspberries show a shorter drying time by 86–96 % and lower energy usage resulting in energy saving of 81–89 % for MD. The average drying ratio of raspberries increases by 3.5–19 times with the application of MD. Newton’s, Modified Henderson, and Pabis’s, Logarithmic models were successfully used to describe the drying kinetics of raspberries. Willamette and Tulameen varieties, dehydrated on 240 W MD, showed the shortest dehydration time, the minimum energy usage, and the most efficient diffusion.
KEYWORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
drying, convection, microwave, raspberry, energy
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- Abbaspour-Gilandeh, Y., Kaveh, M., Aziz, M. (2020). Ultrasonic-Microwave and Infrared Assisted Convective Drying of Carrot: Drying Kinetic, Quality and Energy Consumption. Applied Sciences, 10 (18), 6309.
- AOAC (1995). No 934.01, 16th ed. Arlington, VA.
- Bórquez, R. M., Canales, E. R., Redon, J. P. (2010). Osmotic dehydration of raspberries with vacuum pretreatment followed by microwave-vacuum drying. Journal of Food Engineering, 99 (2), 121–127.
- Filipović, V., Filipović, J., Petković, M., Filipović, I., Miletić, N., Đurović, I., Lukyanov, A. (2022): Modeling convective thin-layer drying of carrot slices and quality parameters. Thermal Science, 26 (3), 2187–2198.
- Mishra, S., Parth, K., Balavignesh, V., Sharma, A., Kumar, N., Narinder Kaur, E.R. (2022). A study on the dehydration of fruits using novel drying techniques. The Pharma Innovation Journal, 11 (1), 1071-1080.
- Mierzwa, D., Szadzińska, J., Pawłowski, A., Pashminehazar, R., Kharaghani, A. (2019). Nonstationary convective drying of raspberries, assisted by microwaves and ultrasound. Drying Technology, 1–14.
- Petković, M., Đurović, I., Miletić, N., Lukynov, A., Klyuchka, E., Radovanović, J., Donskoy, D. Y. (2020). Model of convective drying of black chokeberry (Aronia melanocarpa L.). Published in XXV Symposium of Biotechnology, Milošević T. (ed.), 563–569, Faculty of Agronomy Čačak, Country: Serbia.
- Petković, M., Miletić, N., Kurćubić, V., Lukyanov, A., Đurović, I., Filipović, V., Mladenović, V. (2022). Energy consumption and dehydration parameters of microwave drying of carrot. Acta Agriculturae Serbica, 27 (54), 137‒142.
- Rodriguez, A., Rodriguez, M.M., Lemoine, M.L., Mascheroni, R.H. (2017). Study and Comparison of Different Drying Processes for Dehydration of Raspberries. Drying Technology, 35 (6), 689–698.
- Szadzińska, J., Łechtańska, J., Pashminehazar, R., Kharaghani, A., Tsotsas, E. (2018). Microwave- and ultrasound-assisted convective drying of raspberries: Drying kinetics and microstructural changes. Drying Technology, 1–12.