AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Aleksandar Petrović, Ivana Plavšić-Janjatović, Nikolina Lisov, Maria Čebela, Uroš Čakar, Ivan Stanković, Brižita Đorđević
Download Full Pdf
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
The fruit wines from blueberry were made by microvinification procedure. Wines were produced in the absence or presence of sugar and/or enzymatic preparation glycosidase (EPG). Selected phenolic acids were quantified using UPLC/MS-MS analysis. Total phenolic content (TPC) was determined by the Folin-Ciocalteu method. Also, 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) and ferric reducing ability of plasma (FRAP) methods were applied. The α-glucosidase inhibitory activity of blueberry wines was also investigated. Wines made with addition of sugar and EPG showed the best results. Phenolic profile and biological activity of blueberry wine depended from microvinification procedure which was used in the production.
KEYWORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
blueberry wine, phenolic compound, antioxidant activity, antiradical activity, α-glucosidase inhibitory activity
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- Arts, I.C.W., van de Putte, B., Hollman, P.C.H. (2000). Catechin contents of foods commonly consumed in the Netherlands. 1. Fruits, vegetables, staple foods, and processed foods. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 48, 1746–1751.
- Benzie, I.F.F., and Strain, J.J. (1996). The ferric reducing ability of plasma (FRAP) as a measure of “antioxidant power”: the FRAP assay. Analytical Biochemistry. 239, 70–76.
- Blois, M.S. (1958). Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stabile free radical.Nature 181, 1199–1200.
- Czyzowska, A., and Pogorzelski, E. (2002). Changes to polyphenols in the process production of must and wines from blackcurrants and cherries. Part I. Total polyphenols and phenolic acids. European Food Research and Technology. 214, 148–154.
- Häkkinen, S., Heinonen, M., Kärenlampi, S., Mykkänen, H., Ruuskanen, J., Törrönen, R. (1999). Screening of selected flavonoids and phenolic acids in 19 berries. Food Research International. 32, 345–353.
- Johnson, M.H., Lucius, A., Meyer, T., de Mejia, E.G. (2011). Cultivar evaluation and effect of fermentation on antioxidant capacity and in vitro inhibition of α-amylase and α-glucosidase by Highbush Blueberry (Vaccinium corombosum). Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 59, 8923–8930.
- Joshipura, K.J., Hu, F.B., Manson,J.E., Stampfer, M.J., Rimm, E.B., Speizer, F.E.,
- Colditz, G., Ascherio, A., Rosner, B., Spiegelman, D., Willett, W.C. (2001). The effect of fruit and vegetable intake on risk for coronary heart disease. Annals of Internal Medicine. 132, 1106-1114
- Liwei, G., Kelm, M.A., Hammerstone, J.F., Beecher, G., Holden, J., Haytowitz, D., and Prior, R.L. (2003). Screening of foods containing proanthocyanidins and their structural characterization using LCMS/ MS and thiolytic degradation. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 51, 7513–7521.
- McCue, P., Kwon, Y.I., Shetty, K. (2005). Anti-amylase, anti-glucosidase and anti angiotensin I converting enzyme potential of selected foods. Journal of Food Biochemistry. 29, 278-294.
- McDougall, G.J., Shpiro, F., Dobson, P., Smith, P., Blake, A., Stewart, D. (2005). Different polyphenolic compounds of soft fruits inhibit α-amylase and α-glucosidase.Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 53, 2760-2766.
- Robards, K., Prenzler, P.D., Tucker, G., Swatsitang, P., Glover, W. (1999).
- Phenolic compounds and their role in oxidative processes in fruits. Food Chemistry. 66, 401–436.
- Vasantha Rupasinghe, H.P. and Clegg, S. (2007). Total antioxidant capacity, total phenolic content, mineral elements, and histamine concentrations in wines of different fruit sources. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis. 20, 133–137.
- Xiao, J.B. and Hogger, P. (2015). Dietary polyphenols and type 2 diabetes: current insights and future perspectives. Current Medicinal Chemistry. 22, 23-38.
- Wang, S.Y. (2003). Antioxidant capacity of berry crops, culinary herbs and medicinal herbs. Acta Horticulturae. 620, 461–473.
- Woraratphoka, J., Intarapichet, K.O., Indrapichate, K. (2007). Phenolic compounds and antioxidative properties of selected wines from the northeast of Thailand. Food Chemistry. 104, 1485–1490.
- World Health Organization (WHO), Global report on diabetes, 2016, Geneva.http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/204871/1/9789241565257_eng.pdf.
- Zadernowski, R., Naczk, M., Nesterowicz, J. (2005). Phenolic acid profiles in some small berries. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 53, 2118–2124.