AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Dobrila Ranđelović, Svetlana Bogdanović, Ivana Zlatković
Download Full Pdf
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
For centuries, bread has been the world population’s basic alimentary item. It is a bakery product made from the dough that has undergone the process of kneading, shaping, fermentation and baking. The purpose of this work is to determine the nutritional values and the microbiological quality of bread made from different types of flour. Energy value of bread was calculated based on the content of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Microbiological quality control included bacteria that cause food spoilage, namely Salmonella spp., Listeria monocytogenes, Enteriobacteriaceae, Bacillus cereus, as well as molds and yeasts. The results of examining the energy value parameters, which are presented in our work, are in accordance with the Regulations concerning methods of physical and chemical analysis for testing quality control of grains, mill and bakery products, pasta and quick-frozen dough products. All tested microbiological parameters of white and wholemeal bread, as well as buckwheat and rye flour bread, were within the acceptable values, while corn flour bread had a slightly higher content of yeasts and molds than the prescribed standard.
KEYWORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
bread, nutritional value, microbiological control
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- Auerman L.J. (1988). Technology of production of baked goods, Faculty of Technology, Novi Sad,
- Eglezos S., Huang B., Dykes G. A., Fegan N. (2010). The Prevalence and Concentration of Bacillus cereus in Retail Food Products in Brisbane, Australia Foodborne Pathogens and Disease. 7(7): 867-870. doi:10.1089/fpd.2009.0469
- Gargari BP., Mahboob, S., Razavieh, S.V. (2007). Content of phytic acid and its mole ratio to zinc in flour and breads consumed in Tabriz, Iran. Food Chemistry, 100(3): 1115-1119.
- Hurrell, R.F. (2003). Influence of vegetable protein sources on trace element and mineral bioavailability. The Journal of Nutrition, 133(11S-I): 2973S-2977S.
- Isserliyska D., Karadjov G., Angelov A. (2001). Mineral composition of Bulgarian wheat bread. European Food Research and Technology, 213: 244-245
- Novaković, B., M. Mirosavljev. (2002). Hygiene of Nutrition, University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Medicine, Novi Sad, pp. 54-59
- Regulations concerning the quality of grains, mill and bakery products and pasta, „Sl. glasnik RS“, br. 68/2016 i 56/2018.
- Regulations concerning methods of physical and chemical analysis for testing quality control of grains, mill and bakery products, pasta and quick-frozen dough products , Official bulletin of SFRJ 74/88.
- Rubel IA., Pe´rez EE.. Manrique GD., Genovese DB. (2015). Fibre enrichment of wheat bread with Jerusalem artichoke inulin: Effect on dough rheology and bread quality. Foodstructure. 3: 21-29.
- Trajković Pavlović Lj, Novaković B, Martinov Cvejin M, Gusman V, Bijelović S, Dragnić N, Balać D. (2010). How routine checking of Escherichia coli in retailed food of animal origin can protect consumers from exposition to Campylobacter and Listeria monocytogenes. Vojnosanitetski pegled, 67(8):627-33.
- Trajković Pavlović Lj. (2014). Expert basis for controlling the microbiological safety of food appearing on the market. Food and nutrition (Beograd), 55 (1): 1-6.