AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Slaviša Stajić, Vladimir Kurćubić, Vladimir Tomović, Dušan Živković
Download Full Pdf
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
The aim of this research was to examine the influence of partial and total replacement of pork backfat with two quite different (in terms of sensory properties) plant oils (grapeseed and pumpkinseed oil) on instrumental colour and texture of frankfurters. The influence on colour was more pronounced when pumpkinseed oil emulsion was used as backfat replacer – these frankfurters were less red and more yellow than control and frankfurters with grapeseed oil emulsion. The effect was more pronounced with the increase of backfat replacement degree. No significant influence on instrumental texture parameters was observed.
KEYWORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
frankfurters, grapeseed oil, pumpkinseed oil, colour, texture
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- Bajcic A., Petronijevic R., Suvajdzic B., Tomovic V., Stajković S., Vasilev, D. (2023). Use of inulin-collagen suspension for the total replacement of pork backfat in cooked-emulsified sausages. Journal of Food and Nutrition Research, In Press.
- Câmara A.K.F.I., Pollonio M.A.R. (2015). Reducing animal fat in bologna sausage using pre-emulsified linseed oil: Technological and sensory properties. Journal of Food Quality, 38, 201–212.
- Cengiz E., Gokoglu N. (2007). Effects of fat reduction and fat replacer addition on some quality characteristics of frankfurter-type sausages. International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 42, 366–372.
- Kurćubić V., Okanović D., Vasilev D., Ivić M., Čolović D., Jokanović M., Džinić N. (2020). Effects of replacing pork back fat with cellulose fiber in pariser sausages. Fleischwirtschaft, 100, 82–88.
- Kurćubić V., Stajić S., Miletić N., Stanišić N. (2022). Healthier meat products are fashionable – Consumers love fashion. Applied Sciences, 12, 10129.
- McAfee A.J., McSorley E.M., Cuskelly G.J., Moss B.W., Wallace J.M.W., Bonham M.P., Fearon A.M. (2010). Red meat consumption: An overview of the risks and benefits. Meat Science, 84, 1–13.
- Pisinov B., Kurćubić V., Stajić S. (2021). Nutritional and sensory properties of frankfurters made of culled goat meat. Fleischwirtschaft, 101, 90–96
- Stajić S., Kalušević A., Tomasevic I., Rabrenović B., Božić A., Radović P., Nedović V., Živković, D. (2020). Technological properties of model system beef emulsions with encapsulated pumpkin seed oil and shell powder. Polish Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences, 70, 159–168.
- Stajić S., Stanišić N., Tomasevic I., Djekic I., Ivanović N., Živković D. (2018). Use of linseed oil in improving the quality of chicken frankfurters. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, 42, e13529.
- Stajić S., Vasilev D. (2022). Encapsulation of meat products ingredients and influence on product quality. Published in Encapsulation in Food Processing and Fermentation, Lević S., Nedović V., Bugarski B. (eds.), p.p. 255–280, Boca Raton: CRC Press.
- Stajić S., Živković D. (2021). Hemijski sastav i senzorna svojstva frankfurtera sa biljnim uljima. Published in XXVI Savetovanje o biotehnologiji, pp. 467–472. Čačak, Srbija: Agronomski fakultet.
- Stajić S., Živković D., Tomović V., Nedović V., Perunović M., Kovjanić N., Lević S., Stanišić N. (2014). The utilisation of grapeseed oil in improving the quality of dry fermented sausages. International Journal of Food Science and Technology 49, 2356–2363.