AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Darko Jevremović, Bojana Vasilijević, Tatjana Anđelić, Tatjana Vujović
Download Full Pdf
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
For the purpose of removing viruses from infected plant material, cryotherapy is a novel application of the plant cryopreservation technique. The use of various cryotherapy procedures and treatments necessitates the examination of cryo-treated material for the presence of the targeted pathogen in order to gauge the effectiveness of the therapy. In our study, we evaluated the efficiency of reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and qPCR (quantitative PCR) methods for the detection of plum pox virus (PPV) in cryo-treated material of plums ‘Belošljiva’ and ‘Crvena Ranka’. A qRCR assay showed higher sensitivity in comparison to conventional RT-PCR.
KEYWORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
plum pox virus, qPCR, cryotherapy, efficiency
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- Brison M., de Boucaud MT., Pierronnet A., Dosba F. (1997). Effect of cryopreservation on the sanitary state of a cv Prunus rootstock experimentally contaminated with plum pox potyvirus. Plant Science. 123: 189–196.
- Jevremović D. (2013). Distribution of PPV-D and PPV-Rec strains of plum pox virus in Serbia and the dynamics of their spread in plum orchard. Dissertation, University of Belgrade.
- Jevremović D., Vasilijević B., Anđelić T., Vujović T. (2022). Effect of D and V cryo-plate methods for plum pox virus eradication from two plum cultivars. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture (PCTOC). doi:10.1007/s11240-022-02425-y.
- Li R., Mock R., Huang Q. Abad J., Hartung J., Kinard G. (2008). A reliable and inexpensive method of nucleic acid extraction for the PCR-based detection of diverse plant pathogens. Journal of Virological Methods. 154 (1): 48–55.
- Manganaris GA., Economou AS., Boubourakas IN., Katis NI. (2003). Elimination of PPV and PNRSV through thermotherapy and meristem-tip culture in nectarine. Plant Cell Reports. 22: 195–200.
- Murashige T., Skoog F. (1962). A revised medium for rapid growth and bio assays with tobacco tissue cultures. Physiologia Plantarum. 15: 473–497.
- Olmos A., Bertolini E., Gil M., Cambra M. (2005). Real-time assay for quantitative detection of non-persistently transmitted Plum pox virus RNA targets in single aphids. Journal of Virological Methods. 128(1-2): 151–155.
- Olmos A., Capote N., Candresse T. (2006). Detection and characterization of Plum pox virus: molecular methods. EPPO Bulletin. 36 (2), 262–266.
- Paunović S., Ružić Đ., Vujović T., Milenković S., Jevremović D. (2007). In vitro production of plum pox virus: free plums by chemotherapy with ribavirin. Biotechnology and Biotechnological Equipment. 21: 417–421.
- Polak J., Hauptmanova A. (2009). Preliminary results of in vivo thermotherapy of plum, apricot and peach cultivars artificially infected with PPV-M and PPV-D strains of plum pox virus. Horticultural Science. 36: 92–96.
- Wetzel T., Candresse T., Ravelonandro M., Dunez J. (1991). A polymerase chain reaction assay adapted to plum pox potyvirus detection. Journal of Virological Methods. 33: 355–365.