AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Kamenko Bratković, Kristina Luković, Vladimir Perišić, Jelena Maksimović, Jasna Savić, Vera Đekić, Mirela Matković Stojšin
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
This research was conducted with some spike traits of twenty winter six-row barley genotypes in six environments. The aim of this study was to determine the significance and take advantage useful genotype by environment interacton (GEI) by applying AMMI-1 model. High statistical significance GEI was determined. Wide adaptability genotypes were J-29, J-33, J-9 and J-21 for spike length (SL) as Grand and Ozren for grain number per spike (GNS). The winner genotypes in all environments were Ozren and Grand for SL as Ozren for GNS. All the examined environments can be considered as one megaenvironment, which indicates that unpredictable interactions dominate in this research.
KEYWORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
barley, spike traits, GE interaction, AMMI model, stability
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- Alake C. O., Ariyo J.O. (2012). Comparative Analysis of Genotype x Environment Interaction Techniques in West African Okra. Journal of Agricultural Science, 4, 135-150.
- Barczak B., Majcherczak E. (2009). Effect of varied fertilization with sulfur on selected spring barley yield structure components. Journal of Central European Agriculture, 9 (4), 777-784.
- Bocianowski J., Warzecha T., Nowosad K., Bathelt R. (2019). Genotype by environment interaction using AMMI model and estimation of additive and epistasis gene effects for 1000-kernel weight in spring barley (Hordeum vulgare L.). Journal of Applied Genetics, 60, 127–135.
- Ciulca A., Madosa E., Velicevici G., Costea A., Ciulca S. (2018). Regression analysis of stability for spike traits in winter barley. Journal of Horticuture, Forestry and Biotechnology, 22 (3), 79-85.
- Dodig D. (2000). Morphological and productive characteristics of two-row and six-row barley hybrids in the F4 and F5 generations. Master’s thesis, University of Belgrade, 102.
- Egesi C.N., Asiedu R. (2002). Analysis of yam yields using AMMI model. African Crop Science Journal, 10, 195-201.
- Elakhdar A., Kumamaru T., Smith K., Robert S., Brueggeman R., Capo-chichi L., Shyam Solanki S. (2017). Genotype by Environment Interactions (GEIs) for Barley Grain Yield Under Salt Stress Condition. Journal of Crop Science and Biotechnology, 20 (3), 193-204.
- Gauch H.G. (2013). A Simple Protocol for AMMI Analysis of Yield Trials. Crop Science, 53, 1860–1869.
- Gauch H.G., Zobel R.W. (1996). AMMI analysis of yield trials. In: Kang M.S. and Gauch H.G. (ed). Genotype by environment interaction. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 85-122.
- Gauch H., Zobel R.W. (1997). Identifying Mega-Environments and Targeting Genotypes. Crop Science, 37, 311-326.
- Mohammed M.I. (2009). Genotype x environmental interaktion in bread wheat in nothern Sudan using AMMI analysis. American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, 6 (4), 427-433.
- Pržulj N., Mirosavljević M., Čanak, Zorić M., Boćanski J. (2015). Evaluation of Spring Barley Performance by Biplot Analysis. Cereal Research Communications, 43 (4), 692–703.
- Shaft B., Price W. J. (1998). Analysis of genotype by environment interaction using the AMMI model and stability estimates. Journal of Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Statistics, 3, 335-345.
- Ullrich E.S. (2011). Significance, adaptation, production and trade of barley. Barley: Production, Improvement and Uses, 3-13.
- Yan W., Tinker N. A. (2006). Biplot analysis of multi-environment trial data: Principles and applications. Canadian Journal of Plant Science, 86 (3), 623-645.
- Zobel R.W., Wright M.J., Gauch H.G. (1988). Statistical analysis of a yield trial. Agronomy Journal, 80, 388-393.