Law in the process of globalisation (2018), (стр. 221-237)
АУТОР: Dragan Vujisic
On the 25th of November 2015 the new Directive on package travel and linked travel arrangements was enacted. This Directive clarifies previous Directive on package travel, package holidays and package tours (1990), and adjusts it to the legal and market development. The new Directive introduced significant changes in the legal regulation of organized travel arrangements. The subject of this paper is analysis of the changes regarding the concept of the package travel and linked travel arrangement. At the beginning, the definitions and solutions from the new Directive on the concept of the package travel and linked travel arrangement were presented. Afterwards, the author presents current state of legislation with respect to the concept of the package travel in many European Union member states. Finally, the author presents the state of legislation in the Serbian law on the issue which is subject of the paper. The aim of this paper is determination which steps EU member states, and states which are approaching to the European Union (such as Serbia) should conduct in order to harmonize national legislations with the changes occurred after enactment of the Directive on package travel and linked travel arrangements.
package travel, linked travel arrangement, Directive on package travel and linked travel arrangements, transport, accommodation.
- Council Directive of 13 June on package travel, package holidays and package tours, Official Journal of the EU, L 158/59, 23. 6.1990.
- Czech Republic Act 159/1999 on conditions of business operation in the tourism industry.
- Directive (EU) 2015/2302 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2015 on package travel and linked travel arrangements, amending Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 and Directive 2011/83/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council and repealing Council Directive 90/314/EEC.
- Dragašević, M., Ugovori u turizmu, Nikšić, 1990.
- European Commission – Health and Consumers DG, Study on Consumer Detriment in the Area of Dynamic Packages, London, 2009, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/archive/rights/docs/study_consumer_detriment_dyna_packages_en.pdf, 10.3.2015.
- European Commission – Health and Consumers DG, Study on Consumer Detriment in the Area of Dynamic Packages, London Economics, 2009.
- Gorenc, V., Pešutić, A., Razgraničenje organizatora i posrednika putovanja, Zbornik radova Pravnog fakulteta u Zagrebu, 2006.
- Law on Consumer Protection (Zakon o zaštiti potrošača), Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia (Službeni glasnik RS), No. 62/2014 and 6/2016.
- Law on Obligation Relations (Zakon o obligacionim odnosima), Official Gazette of the Socialst Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (Službeni list of SFRJ), No. 29/78, 39/85, 45/89.
- Mason, S. Gatenby, M., Proposals for a new Package Travel Directive: the definition of „package“ and „assisted travel arrangemnent“, TLQ, 2013.
- Portuguese Decree-Law No. 198/93.
- Proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council on package travel and assisted travel arrangements, amending Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004, Directive 2011/83/EU and repealing Council Directive 90/314/EEC, COM(2013) 512 final – 2013/0246 (COD), 9.7.2013.
- Radović, V., Predlog nove Direktvie o paket aranžmanima i povezanim putnim aranžmanima, u: Usklađivanje poslovnog prava Srbije sa pravom EU, Pravni fakultet u Beogradu, Beograd, 2014.
- Radović, V., Širenje pojma ugovora o organizovanju putovanja, Pravo i privreda, 9/2014.
- Schulte-Nölke, H., Twigg-Flesner, C., Ebers, M., EC Consumer Law Compendium – Comparative Analysis, Brussels, 2008.
- Slovakian Act 281/2001 amended by Act 186/2006 (entry into force on 1 January 2007)
- Slovakian Act No. 281/2001 after entry into force of Amending Act No. 186/2006 on 1 January 2007
- Slovakian Act No. 281/2001 on Package Travel.
- Vujisić, D., Ugovor o organizovanju putovanja – pojam i karakteristike, u: XXI vek – vek usluga i uslužnog prava (ur. M. Mićović), Pravni fakultet, Univerzitet u Kragujevcu, 2011.
- Vujisić, D., Poslovno pravo – Trgovinsko pravo, Banja Luka, 2009.
- Vujisić, D., U susret novoj Direktivi o „putnim aranžmanima“, Pravo i privreda, 4-6/2015.
- Vujisić, D., Ugovor o organizovanju putovanja – obaveze organizatora putovanja i putnika, u: Pravo i usluge (ur. M. Mićović), Pravni fakultet, Univerzitet u Kragujevcu, 2012.