АУТОР(И): Neda Pavlović, Jelena Mijalković, Verica Đorđević, Branko Bugarski, Zorica Knežević Jugović
Liposomes have been researched as carriers for encapsulation of bioactive protein hydrolysate, despite low stability which makes them difficult to use. Using cholesterol or octadecylamine as lipid membrane stabilizers, soy protein hydrolysate is effectively encapsulated in liposomes created with phospholipon. Presence of both stabilizers concurrently resulted the highest efficiency 49.7%, while increasing the phospholipon mass had no effect. Particle size was raised (265 to 335 nm) as a result of the octadecylamine addition, and zeta potential was positive (36.7 mV), as compared to the cholesterol addition (-25.1 mV). Liposomes enabled extended hydrolysate release with retained its bioactivity.
soy protein hydrolysate, liposomes, octadecylamine, antioxidant activity, controlled release
- Bertolini, A.C., Siani, A.C., Grosso, C.R.F. (2001). Stability of Monoterpenes Encapsulated in Gum Arabic by Spray-Drying. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 49: 780-785.
- Gomaa, A. I., Martinent, C., Hammami, R., Fliss, I., Subirade, M. (2017). Dual Coating of Liposomes as Encapsulating Matrix of Antimicrobial Peptides: Development and Characterization. Frontiers in Chemistry. 5:103.
- Hartree E. F. (1972). Determination of protein: A modification of the Lowry method that gives a linear photometric response, Analytical Biochemistry. 48:422-427.
- Mattheolabakis G., Nie, T., Constantinides, P. P., Rigas, B. (2011). Sterically Stabilized Liposomes Incorporating the Novel Anticancer Agent Phospho- Ibuprofen (MDC-917): Preparation, Characterization, and In Vitro/In Vivo Evaluation. Pharmaceutical Research, 29(6):1435-1443.
- Mohan, A., Rajendran, S. R., He, Q. S., Bazinet, L., Udenigwe, C. C. (2015). Encapsulation of food protein hydrolysates and peptides:a review. RSC advance. 5(97):79270-79278.
- Nkanga, C. I., Bapolisi, A. M., Okafor, N. I., Krause, R. W. M. (2019). General perception of liposomes: formation, manufacturing and applications. In A. Catala (ed.), Liposomes – Advances and Perspectives. IntechOpen. London.
- Pavlović N., Jovanović J., Đorđević V., Balanč B., Bugarski B. , Knežević-Jugović Z. (2020). Production and characterization of liposomes with encapsulated bioactive soy protein hydrolysate. Chemical Industry. 74(5):327-339.
- Tokudome, Y., Nakamura, K., Kage, M., Todo, H., Sugibayashi, K., Hashimoto, F. (2012). Effects of soybean peptide and collagen peptide on collagen synthesis in normal human dermal fibroblasts. International journal of food sciences and nutrition. 63(6): 689-695.