AUTOR(I): Zorana Đekanović, Duška Delić, Vojo Radić, Aleksandra Šmitran, Nevena Jokić, Relja Suručić, Ranko Škrbić
Plant extracts are widely used as biofungicides and medical bioproducts because of their eco-friendly nature and cost effectiveness. The present investigation focuses on the activity of a solvent based on industrial hemp extracts against two phytopathogenic fungi and five human pathogenic bacteria. The present study suggests the potential of the industrial hemp extracts for the development of novel broad spectrum herbal formulations used in plant protection and medicine.
Cannabis sativa subsp. sativa, Pythium sp, Fusarium oxysporum Staphylococcus aureus
- Akinbode, O. A. and Ikotun, T. (2008), Evaluation of some bioagents and botanicals in in vitro control of Colletotrichum destructivum. African Journal Biotechnol 7, 868-872.
- Balouiri, M., Sadiki, M., & Ibnsouda, S. K. (2016). Methods for in vitro evaluating antimicrobial activity: A review. Journal of pharmaceutical analysis 6(2), 71–79.
- Bandara, B. M. R., Kumar, N. S. and Samaranayake, K. M. S. (1989), An antifungal constituent from the stem bark of Butea monosperma. Journal of Ethnopharmacology 25, 73-75.
- Harlapur, S. I., Kulkarani, M. S., Wali, and Kulkarani, M. C., S. (2007), Evaluation of plant extracts, bioagents and fungicides against Exserohilum turcicum (Pass.) Leonard and Suggs. causing turcicum leaf blight of maize. Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences 3, 541-544.
- Khan, I.A., Subhan, A., Ahmad, A.1979, inhibition of spore germination of Halminthosporium turcicum, the incitant of sorghum leaf blight by chemicals and plant extracts, Indian J. Plant prot. 7:77-81
- Karas, J. A., Wong, L., Paulin, O., Mazeh, A. C., Hussein, M. H., Li, J., & Velkov, T. (2020). The Antimicrobial Activity of Cannabinoids. Antibiotics 9(7), 406.
- Kumar Pa,l G., Kumar, B., Shahi S.K.(2012). Antifungal activity of some common weed extracts against seedborne phytopathogenic fungi Alternaria spp. International Journal of Universal Pharmacy and Life Sciences 3(2): 6-14.
- Lis-Balchin, M and Deans SG., 1997 “Bioactivity of selected plant essential oils against Listeria monocytogenes (L.)”, Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 82: 759-762.
- Maji, M. D., Chattopadhyay, S., Kumar, P. and Saratchandra, B. (2005), In vitro screening of some plant extracts against fungal pathogens of mulberry (Morus spp.). Archiv für Phytopathologie und Pflanzenschutz 3, 157-164.
- Nduagu, C. Ekefan, E. J. and Nwankiti, A. O. (2008), Effect of some crude plant extracts on growth of Colletotrichum capsici (Synd) & Bisby, causal agent of pepper anthracnose. Journal of Applied Biosciences 2, 184 –190.
- Reynolds JEF., Martindale, “The Extra Pharmacopoeia”, 31st edition London, Royal Pharmaceutical society of Great Britian, 1996.
- Srivastava, A. K. and Lal, B. (1997), Studies on biofungicidal properties of leaf extract of some plants. Indian Phytopathology 3, 408-411.
- Stepanović, S., Vuković, D., Hola, V., Di Bonaventura, G., Djukić, S., Cirković, I., & Ruzicka, F. (2007). Quantification of biofilm in microtiter plates: overview of testing conditions and practical recommendations for assessment of biofilm production by staphylococci. APMIS: acta pathologica, microbiologica, et immunologica Scandinavica. 115(8), 891–899.
- Tapwal A., Singh U., Teixeira da Silva J. A., Singh G., Garg S., Kumar R. (2011). In Vitro Antagonism of Trichoderma viride against Five Phytopathogens. Pest Technology 5 (1), 59-62.
- Yasmin, M, (2008), Effect of some angiospermic plant extracts on in vitro vegetative growth of Fusarium Moniliforme. Bangladesh Journal of Botany 1, 85-88.