Law in the process of globalisation (2018), (стр. 287-308)
АУТОР: Jovan Vujicic
This paper begins with a general overview of the UNIDROIT contributions to the modernisation and harmonisation of private law during the 90 years of its existence. Special attention was paid to the UNIDROIT Principles of International Commercial Contracts. Welcomed from their first appearance as “a significant step towards the globalisation of legal thinking”, they represent one of the Institute’s most successful projects and one of the most important “soft-law” instruments. The paper explores the recently adopted amendments and additions to the 2010 UNIDROIT Principles particularly relevant in the context of long-term contracts. The analysis is limited to the notion of long-term contracts and supervening events. In the case of hardship, the UNIDROIT Principles, inspired by the principle favor contractus, which is one of the basic ideas that underlie them, encourage negotiation between the parties to the end of continuing the relationship rather than dissolving it. Similarly, in the case of force majeure, parties to long-term contracts may provide, in light of the duration and nature of the relationship and, possibly, large initial investments whose value would be realised only over time, the continuation, whenever feasible, of the business relationship and envisage termination only as a last resort. Although the preconditions differ from that in hardship clauses, in respect to the procedure for the solution of the problems and certain future consequences, they may be similar if not identical.
The International Institute for the Unification of Private Law (UNIDROIT), The UNIDROIT Principles of International Commercial Contracts, Long-Term Contracts, Force Majeure, Hardship.
- Flechtner, H. M., The Exemption Provisions of the Sales Convention, including Comments on “Hardship” Doctrine and the 19 June 2009 Decision of the Belgian Cassation Court, The Annals of the Faculty of Law in Belgrade – Belgrade Law Review, No. 3, 2011.
- Model Clauses for Use by Parties of the UNIDROIT Principles of International Commercial Contracts.
- Perović, J., Principi evropskog ugovornog prava i UNIDROIT Principi, in: Budvanski pravnički dani – Aktuelna pitanja savremenog zakonodavstva (ed. S. Perović), Beograd, 2000.
- Spasić, I., UNIDROIT – Doprinos unifikaciji nekih od najvažnijih pitanja međunarodnog trgovinskog prava, Strani pravni život, 2/2009.
- UNIDROIT 2016 – C. D. (95) Misc. 2 – May 2016; Summary of the Conclusions of the 95th Session of the UNIDROIT Governing Council, Rome 18 – 20 May 2016.
- UNIDROIT 2016 – C. D. (95) 3 – April 2016.
- UNIDROIT 2016 – Study L – Misc. 32 – January 2016.
- UNIDROIT 2015 – Study L – Misc. 31 Rev. – March 2015.
- UNIDROIT 2014 – Study L – Doc. 126 – October 2014.
- UNIDROIT 1992 – P. C. – Misc. 16; Working Group for the preparation of Principles for International Commercial Contracts, Summary records of the meeting held in The Hague from 19 to 23 November 1990 (prepared by the Secretariat of UNIDROIT) – Rome, October 1992.
- UNIDROIT 1990 – Study L – Doc. 46; Working Group for the Preparation of Principles for International Commercial Contracts, Chapter 5: Performance, Section 2: Hardship (Draft and Comment prepared by Professor Dietrich Maskow, Hochschule für Recht und Verwaltung Potsdam, pursuant to the discussions during the meeting of the Working Group held in Rome from 14 to 17 April 1986 and 20 to 23 May 1987) – Rome, September 1990.
- UNIDROIT 1986 – P. C. – Misc. 9; Working Group for the preparation of Principles for International Commercial Contracts, Report on the meeting held in Rome from 14 to 17 April 1986 (prepared by the Secretariat of UNIDROIT) – Rome, April 1986.
- UNIDROIT 1983 – Study L – Doc. 24; Progressive Codification of International Trade Law, Proposed Rules on Hardship with Introduction and Explanatory Report (prepared by Prof. Dr. D. Maskow of the Institut für ausländisches Recht und Rechtsvergleichung, Potsdam–Babelsberg) – Rome, February 1983.
- Vukadinović, R. D., Međunarodno poslovno pravo, opšti i posebni deo, Kragujevac, 2012.
- Vukadinović, R. D., Lex mercatoria kao pravedno pravo u međunarodnom trgovinskom (privrednom) pravu, Pravni život, 9-10/1994.
- Vujičić, J., Opozivost ponude prema uniformnim pravilima, Pravo i privreda, 10-12/2012.
- Vujičić, J., Pojam potrošača: slučaj Costea, in: Usklađivanje pravnog sistema Srbije sa standardima Evropske unije (ur. S. Đorđević), knjiga 3, Kragujevac, 2015.