1st International Conference on Chemo and BioInformatics, ICCBIKG 2021, (418-421)
AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Tamara Erceg, Gaja Brakus, Dejan Kojić, Nevena Vukić, Vesna Teofilović, Jelena Tanasić, Ivan Ristić
E-ADRESS / Е-АДРЕСА: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
Chitosan based hydrogel was synthesized via free-radical polymerization in a two-step procedure, after modification of chitosan by acrylic acid. Dynamic swelling test was carried out in distilled water at room temperature. Swelling kinetics was modeling using the principle of assuming the equation for a swelling ratio-time empirical dependence. Using regression analysis in this way gives the possibility for simpler determination of swelling ratio-time empirical dependence, knowing the graph functions. Obtained hydrogel was used for preparation of new bilayer hydrogel system which has potential application in wound dressing systems and other fields where pH sensitivity and improved mechanical properties of biopolymers are required in framework of green, cost-effective process.
KEY WORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
hydrogel, chitosan, swelling kinetics, regression analysis, bilayer system
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- V. Teofilović, J. Pavličević, O. Bera, M. Jovičić, J. Budinski-Simendić, K.M. Szécsényi, A. Aroguz., The preparation and thermal properties of chitosan/bentonite composite beads, Chemical Industry, 68 (2014) 653–659.
- K. Jayaraj, S. Gopi, A. Rajeswari, E. Jackcina Stobel Christy, A. Pius., Microscopic studies on chitin and chitosan-based interpenetrating polymer networks, gels, blends, composites, and nanocomposites, Handbook of Chitin and Chitosan, (2020) 95–138.
- S. Kumari, R. Kishor., Chitin and chitosan: origin, properties, and applications, Handbook of Chitin and Chitosan, (2020) 1–33.
- S. Sultana, M.S. Rahman, M. M. Islam, M.N. Sakib, M. Shahruzzaman., Polymer blends, IPNs, gels, composites, and nanocomposites from chitin and chitosan; manufacturing, and applications, Handbook of Chitin and Chitosan (2020) 1–41.
- T. Erceg, T. Dapčević-Hadnađev, M. Hadnađev, I. Ristić., Swelling kinetics and rheological behaviour of microwave synthesized poly(acrylamide-co-acrylic acid) hydrogels. Colloid and Polymer Science, 299 (2021) 11-23.