1st International Conference on Chemo and BioInformatics, ICCBIKG 2021, (387-390)
AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Edina H. Avdović, Žiko B. Milanović, Milanka Radulović, Dušan S. Dimić
E-ADRESS / Е-АДРЕСА: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
In this manuscript, the in vitro antimicrobial activity of the previously synthesized coumarin derivative 3- (1- (3-hydroxyphenyl) amino) ethylidene) chroman-2,4-dione (L) and its corresponding palladium (II) complex (C) were examined. Their antimicrobial activity was screened against four strains of bacteria Bacillus cereus (ATCC 11778) G+; Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC 13709) G+; Klebsiella pneumoniae (ATCC 27736) G-; and Escherichia coli (ATCC 2592) G-) and three strains of fungi (Aspergillus flavus (ATCC15517); Candida albicans (ATCC 10231); Fusarium oxysporum (ATCC 695) using disc diffusion and microdilution method. The obtained minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) values by microdilution method for ligand and complex are similar for all tested bacteria and fungi, which means that both compounds have a similar antimicrobial effect. On the other hand, analysis of zone of inhibition (ZI) values for the tested compounds shows that the complex is generally somewhat more active than the ligand.
KEY WORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
coumarine, palladium(II) complex, antimicrobial activity
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- D. S. Dimić, Z.S. Marković, L. Saso, .H. Avdović, J.R. Đorović, I.P. Petrović, D.D. Stanisavljević, M.J. Stevanović, I.Potočňák, E.Samoľová, S.R. Trifunović, J.M. Dimitrić Marković, Synthesis and characterization of 3-(1-((3,4-dihydroxyphenethyl) amino) ethylidene)-chroman-2,4-dione as potentional anti-tumor agent, Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, 2019 (2019) 12-24.
- K. Hodák, V. Jakesová, V. Dadák, On the antibiotic effects of natural coumarins. VI. The relation of structure to the antibacterial effects of some natural coumarins and the neutralization of such effects, Ceskoslovenska Farmacie, 16 (1967) 86.
- E. H. Avdović, D. Lj. Stojković, V.V. Jevtić, D. Milenković, Z.S. Marković, N. Vuković, Potočňák, D. Radojević, Lj.R. Čomić, S.R. Trifunovića, Preparation and antimicrobial activity of a new palladium(II) complexes with a coumarin-derived ligands. Crystal structures of the 3-(1-(o-toluidino) ethylidene)-chroman-2,4-dione and 3-(1-(m- toluidino)ethylidene)-chroman-2,4-dione, Inorganica Chimica Acta, 206 (2019) 421–429.
- E. H. Avdović, Ž.B. Milanović, M.N. Živanovića, D.S. Šeklić, I.D. Radojević, Lj.R. Čomić, S.R. Trifunović, A.Amić, Z.S. Marković, Synthesis, spectroscopic characterization, biological activity, DFT and molecular docking study of novel 4- hydroxycoumarine derivatives and coresponding palladium(II) complexes, Inorganica Chimica Acta, 504 (2020) 119465.
- E. H. Avdović, I.P. Petrović, M.J. Stevanović, L. Saso, J.M. Dimitrić Marković, N.D. Filipović, M.Ž. Živić, T.N. Cvetić Antić, M.V. Žižić, N.V. Todorović, M.Vukić, S.R. Trifunović , Z.S. Marković, Synthesis and Biological Screening of New 4- Hydroxycoumarin Derivatives and Their Palladium (II) Complexes, Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, 2021 (2021) 18.
- A. Turkoglu, M.E. Duru, N. Mercan, I. Kivrak, K. Gezer, Antioxidant and antimicrobialactivities of Laetiporus sulphureus (Bull.) Murrill, Food Chemistry, 101 (2007) 267–273.
- C. Papadopoulou, K. Soulti, I.G. Roussis, Potential antimicrobial activity of red and white wine phenolic extracts against strains of Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli and Candida albicans, Food Technology and Biotechnology, 43 (2005) 41–46.
- E. H. Avdović, D.S. Dimić, J.M. Dimitrić Marković, N. Vuković, M.Đ. Radulović, M.N. Živanović, N.D. Filipović, J.R. Đorović, S.R. Trifunović, Z.S. Marković, Spectroscopic and theoretical investigation of the potential anti-tumor and anti-microbial agent, 3-(1-((2- hydroxyphenyl)amino)ethylidene) chroman-2,4-dione, Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 206 (2019) 421–429