1st International Conference on Chemo and BioInformatics, ICCBIKG 2021, (149-152)
AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Nevena Veselinović, Jelena Nikolić
E-ADRESS / Е-АДРЕСА: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
The food industry is a large consumer of energy that depends on fossil fuels, the combustion of which releases large amounts of CO2. The paper examines the possibility of reducing the use of non – renewable energy sources through a detailed energy audit and consideration of measures to increase energy efficiency and renewable energy sources in the ice cream craft industry. The cost-effectiveness of the proposed measures is observed for two scenarios. The first scenario covers the current situation in Serbia, in which there are no carbon taxes, and the price of energy is relatively low compared to other countries in Europe. The second „German scenario“ implies carbon taxes in the amount of 55€/tCO2, which is expected to, with the same energy prices, significantly reduce the repayment period and affect the ranking of measures. The analysis is performed to consider how the carbon tax reflects on the motivation of craft producers to improve energy efficiency.
KEY WORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
food industry, energy efficiency, carbon tax, ECMs
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- Karner, K., Theissing, M., & Kienberger, T. (2016). Energy efficiency for industries through synergies with urban areas. Journal of Cleaner Production, 119, 167-177. doi:10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.02.010
- Gielen, D., Boshell, F., Saygin, D., Bazilian, M. D., Wagner, N., & Gorini, R. (2019). The role of renewable energy in the global energy transformation. Energy Strategy Reviews, 24, 38-50. doi:10.1016/j.esr.2019.01.006
- Lin, B., & Xie, X. (2016). CO2 emissions of China’s food industry: An input–output approach. Journal of Cleaner Production, 112, 1410-1421. doi:10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.06.119
- Dowlati, M., Aghbashlo, M., & Mojarab Soufiyan, M. (2017). Exergetic performance analysis of an ice-cream manufacturing plant: A comprehensive survey. Energy, 123, 445-459. doi:10.1016/j.energy.2017.02.007
- Kizilkan, O., Kabul, A., & Dincer, I. (2016). Development and performance assessment of a parabolic trough solar collector-based integrated system for an ice-cream Energy, 100, 167- 176. doi:10.1016/j.energy.2016.01.098
- Kuo, T. C., Hong, I., & Lin, S. C. (2016). Do carbon taxes work? Analysis of government policies and enterprise strategies in equilibrium. Journal of Cleaner Production, 139, 337-346. doi:10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.07.164
- (2014). Energy audits-requirements with guidance for use, ISO 5002:2014. International Organization for Standardization.
- Josijevic, M., Sustersic, V., & Gordic, D. (2020). Ranking energy performance opportunities obtained with energy audit in dairies. Thermal Science, 24(5 Part A), 2865-2878. doi:10.2298/tsci191125100j
- Industrial Assessment Centers (IAC), IAC Assessment: https://iac.university/assessment/IP0130
- Industrial Assessment Centers (IAC), IAC Assessment: MZ092 https://iac.university/assessment/MZ0092
- Industrial Assessment Centers (IAC), IAC Assessment: UM0446
- Banjac, M.,Todorovic, M., Kulic, F., Zivkovic, B., Ristanovic, M., Galic, E., Djukanovic, D., Matejic, M., Brdarevic, Lj., (2017). Manuals for energy managers in buildings. UNDP, Belgrade, Serbia.