1st International Conference on Chemo and BioInformatics, ICCBIKG 2021, (145-148)
AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Milena P. Živković, Dragoslav Nikezić, Tatjana B. Miladinović, Jelena M. Stajić, Dragana Ž. Krstić
E-ADRESS / Е-АДРЕСА: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
The goal of this research is to determine the levels of natural and artificial radioactivity in 13 different samples of commonly consumed foods from Serbian markets. A gamma spectrometry was used to measure the activity concentrations of 226Ra, 232Th, 40K, and 137Cs. The annual whole-body doses from 137Cs and natural radionuclides, due to the consumption of tea for an adult, are in the range of 2.3– 8.5 nSv for 137Cs, 14.1 – 21.7 nSv for 232Ra, 18.4 – 73.6 nSv for 232Th and for 40K 10.4 – 22.9 nSv. These doses are not harmful to the general public’s health.
KEY WORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
gamma spectrometry, radioactivity concentrations, daily food, tea
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- P. Chougaonkar, K.P. Eappen, T.V. Ramachandran, P.G. Shetty, Y.S. Mayya, S. Sadasivan V. Venkat Raj, Assessment of ambient gamma dose rate around a prospective uranium mining area of South India – A comparative study of dose by direct methods and soil radioactivity measurements Journal of Environmental Radioactivity 71 (2003) 275–297.
- Awudu, A. Faanu, E. Darko, G. Emi-Reynolds, O. Adukpo, D. Kpeglo, F. Otoo, H. Lawluvi, Kpodzro, I. Ali, M. Obeng, B. Agyeman, Preliminary studies on 226Ra, 228Ra, 228Th and 40K concentrations in foodstuffs consumed by inhabitants of Accra metropolitan area, Ghana. Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry 291 (2012) 635–641.
- Venter, A., Coughtrey, P. J., Carini, F. and Inoue, Y., Radionuclide transfer to fruits: a critical review. Journal of Environmental Radioactivity 52 (2001) 117–122.
- United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Sources, effects and risks of ionizing radiation, Report of UNSCEAR to the General Assembly, United Nations, New York, USA (1988).
- Jose, J. Jorge, M. Cleomacio, V. Sueldo, D.S. Romilton, Analysis of the 40K levels in soil using gamma spectrometry, Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology 48 (2005) 221-228.
- Jevremovic, N. Lazarevic, S. Pavlovic, M. Orlic, Radionuclide concentrations in samples of medicinal herbs and effective dose from ingestion of 137Cs and natural radionuclides in herbal tea products from Serbian market. Isotopes in Environmental and Health Studies 47 (2011) 87-92.