АУТОР(И): Milan Mitić, Pavle Mašković, Jelena Mitić
In this paper, extraction of the total flavonoid compounds from dill (Anethum graveolens L) leaves using an aqueous ethanol solution (50% by volume) was studied at different temperatures (30, 40, and 50 0C). A physical unsteady- state diffusion model and empirical Ponomarev model were developed to model the extraction process’s kinetics. The enthalpy and entropy changes were positive, while the Gibbs free energy was negative and decreased when temperature increased during the thermodynamic analysis. Therefore, extraction of total flavonoids from dill leaves was endothermic, spontaneous, and irreversible.
extraction, flavonoids, dill, kinetic, thermodynamic
- Kulig, D., Matysiak, M., Baldovska, S., Štefanikova, J., Maruniakova, N., Mnahončakova, E., Arvay, J., Galbavy, D., Kolesarova, A. (2019). Scrining of polyphenolic compounds from traditional medicinal herbs. Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Food Sciences. 9:487-491.
- Isbilir, S.S., & Ayten Sagiroglu, A. (2011) Antioxidant Potential of Different Dill (Anethum Graveolens L.) Leaf Extracts. International Journal of Food Properties. 14(4):894-902.
- Kitanović, S., Milenović, D., Veljković, V.B. (2008). Empirical kinetic models for the resinoid extraction from aerial parts of St. Jon’s wort (Hypericumperforatum L.). Biochemical Engineering Journal. 41:1-11.
- Zhishen, J., Mengcheng, T., Jianming, W. (1999). The determination of flavonoids content in mulberry and scavenging effect on superoxide radicals. Food Chemistry. 64(4): 555–559.
- Bucić-Kojić A., Planinić M., Tomas S., Bilić M., Velić D. (2007) Study of solid-liquid extraction kinetics of total polyphenols from grape seeds. Journal of Food Engineering. 81: 236-42.
- Krishnan RY., Rajan KS., (2017). Influence of microwave irradiation on kinetics and thermodynamics of extraction of flavonoids from Phyllanthus emblica. Brazilian Journal of Chemical Engineering. 34: 885-99.
- Mitić, M.N., Janković, S., Miti-, S.S., Kocić, G.M., Mašković, P.Z., Djukić, D.A. (2021). Optimization and Kinetic Modeling of Total Phenols and Flavonoids Extraction from Tilia cordata M. Flowers. South African Journal of Chemistry-Suid- Afrikanse Tydskrif Vir Chemie 75:64-72.