1st International Conference on Chemo and BioInformatics, ICCBIKG 2021, (351-354)
AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Jovana M. Muškinja, Jelena S. Katanić Stanković, Zoran R. Ratković
E-ADRESS / Е-АДРЕСА: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
Sulfonamide derivatives are a very important class of compounds with pronounced biological activities and, for this reason, they have very useful pharmaceutical applications. They are the basis of several groups of drugs and are known as sulfa-drugs. From this point of view, the present study focuses on the synthesis of some novel structural hybrids incorporating two very important groups, sulfonamide, and pyrazoline. The new sulfonamide-based pyrazolines were synthesized in very good yields. The structures of the sulfonamide compounds were confirmed by IR and NMR methods. Synthesized compounds were tested for their antioxidant activities using two different methods, DPPH radical and ABTS radical cation scavenging assays. The results showed relatively good in vitro antioxidant activity.
KEY WORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
antioxidant activity, pyrazolines, sulfonamides, synthesis
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- H. Elgemeie, R.A. Azzam, R.E. Elsayed, Sulfa drug analogs: new classes of N-sulfonyl aminated azines and their biological and preclinical importance in medicinal chemistry (2000– 2018), Medicinal Chemistry Research, 28 (2019) 1099–1131.
- Kanda, Y. Kawanishi, K. Oda, T. Sakata, S. Mihara, K. Asakura, T. Kanemasa, M. Ninomiya, M. Fujimoto, T. Kanoike, Synthesis and structure-activity relationships of potent and orally active sulfonamide ETB selective antagonists, Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, 9 (2001) 897-907.
- S. Stokes, R. Albert, E.T. Buurman, B. Andrews, A.B. Shapiro, O.M. Green, A.R. McKenzie, L.R. Otterbein, Inhibitors of the acetyltransferase domain of N-acetylglucosamine-1-phosphate-uridylyltransferase/glucosamine-1-phosphate acetyltra- nsferase (GlmU). Part 2: Optimization of physical properties leading to antibacterial aryl sulfonamides, Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 22 (2012) 7019-7023.
- Serradeil-Le Gal, An overview of SR121463, a selective non-peptide vasopressin V2 receptor antagonist, Cardiovascular Drug Reviews, 19 (2001) 201-214.
- Peng, T. Hu, Y. Zhang, A. Zhao, B. Natarajan, J. Wei, H. Yan, H. Chen, C. Lin, Synthesis of caffeic acid sulfonamide derivatives and their protective effect against H2O2 induced oxidativedamage in A549 cells, The Royal Society of Chemistry, 10 (2020) 9924-9933.
- Kumar, O. Tanwar, J. Kumar, M. Akhter, S. Sharma, C.R. Pillai, M. Mumtaz Alam, M.S. Zama, Pyrazole-pyrazoline as promising novel antimalarial agents: A mechanistic study, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 149 (2018) 139–147.
- M. Eid, R.F. George, Facile synthesis of some pyrazoline-based compounds with promising anti- inflammatory activity, Future Medicinal Chemistry, 10 (2018) 183–199.
- C. Tripathi, S. Upadhyay, S. Paliwal, S.K. Saraf, N1-benzenesulfonyl-2-pyrazoline hybrids in neurological disorders: Syntheses, biological screening, and computational studies, Experimental and Clinical Sciences, 17 (2018) 126–148.
- M. Gomha, M.A. Abdallah, I.M. Abbas, M.S.H. Kazem, Synthesis, cytotoxicity evaluation, molecular docking and utility of novel chalcones as precursors for heterocycles incorporating pyrazole moiety, Medicinal Chemistry, 14 (2018) 344–355.
- S. ElBordiny, M.M. El-Miligy, S.E. Kassab, H. Daabees, W.A. Mohamed Ali, S. Abdelhamid Mohamed El-Hawash, Design, synthesis, biological evaluation and docking studies of new 3-(4,5- dihydro-1H-pyrazol/isoxazol-5-yl)-2-phenyl-1H-indole derivatives as potent antioxidants and 15- lipoxygenase inhibitors, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 145 (2018) 594–605.
- Muškinja, Z. Ratković, B. Ranković, M. Kosanić, Synthesis of O-alkyl derivatives of dehydrozingerone analogues, Kragujevac Journal of Science, 38 (2016) 97-106.
- Abramovič, B. Grobin, U.N. Poklar, B. Cigić, Relevance and Standardization of in vitro Antioxidant Assays: ABTS, DPPH, and Folin–Ciocalteu, Journal of Chemistry (2018) 1–9.
- Kumarasamy, M. Byres, P.J. Cox, M. Jaspars, L. Nahar, S.D. Sarker, Screening seeds of some Scottish plants for free radical scavenging activity, Phytotherapy Research, 21 (2007) 615–621.
- Re, N. Pellegrini, A. Proteggente, A. Pannala, M. Yang, C. Rice-Evans, Antioxidant activity applying an improved ABTS radical cation decolorization assay, Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 26 (1999) 1231–1237.