1st International Conference on Chemo and BioInformatics, ICCBIKG 2021, (206-209)
AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): M. Pavlović, Z. Simić, G. Đelić
E-ADRESS / Е-АДРЕСА: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
The total quantity of metals (Mg, Ca, Ni, Fe, Mn, Zn, Cu) in soil samples and in sixteen different extracts from plant parts of Peucedanum oreoselinum (L.) Moench as well as the content of total phenols and flavonoids in plant extracts was determined. The contents of metals were determined by the atomic absorption spectrometer. Based on the average values of the metal concentration in the soil, they could be arranged in the following sequence: Fe > Ca > Mg > Mn > Zn > Cu > Ni. Soil concentrations of all tested metals were lower than the maximum allowed concentration. The results demonstrated that the analyzed plant extracts contained higher quantities of Ni and Ca. Although the studied species accumulate analyzed metals in different quantities, they are not hyperaccumulators of these metals. Total phenols were determined using Folin-Ciocalteu reagent and their amounts ranged from 1.94 to P. oreoselinum, hyperaccumulation, phenols, flavonoids32.38 mg GA/g. The amounts of flavonoids in plant extracts were in range from 0.69 to 25.83 mg RU/g. We examined the correlation of metals and the phenolic compounds content in the extracts. According to our results the use P. oreoselinum for tea preparation is safe to a great extent for people, because in spite of the determined metal absorption by plant organs, the tea does not contain dangerous quantity of heavy metals. Also, it is suitable for the preparation of teas and herbal extracts due to minimal content of toxic metal (Ni), phenols and flavonoids.
KEY WORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
P. oreoselinum, hyperaccumulation, phenols, flavonoids
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- Briffaa., E. Sinagrab. R., Blundellc., Heavy metal pollution in the environment and their toxicological effects on humans. Heliyon. 6 (2020) 1-26.
- Haminiuk., M. Plata-Oviedo., G. Mattos., S. Carpes., I. Haminiuk., Extraction and quantification of phenolic acids and flavonols from Eugenia pyriformis using different solvents. J Food Sci Technol. 51 (2014) 2862-2866.
- Kabata-Pendias., H. H. Pendias., Trace Elements in Soils and Plants (3rd ed.). CRC Press. Boca Raton. FL. (2001).
- Marić., Mogućnosti korišćenja nekih divljih i kultivisanih biljaka za remedijaciju zemljišta. Univerzitet u Beogradu. Tehnički fakultet u Boru. Doktorska disertacija (2012) 92.
- S. Matejić., A.M. Džamić., A.D. Ćirić., Z. Krovošej., V.N. Ranđelović., P:D. Marin., Antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of extracts of four Peucedanum L. Species. Digest Journal of Nanomaterials and Biostructures. 8 (2013) 655-665.
- Mickovski-Stefanović., Uticaj genotipa i lokaliteta na dinamiku akumulacije teških metala u vegetativnim organima pšenice. Poljoprivredni fakultet. Univerzitet u Beogradu. Doktorska disertacija (2012) 94.
- Peter., A. Moran., L. Ryan., Stability of the total antioxidant capacity and total polyphenol content of 23 commercially available vegetable juices before and after in vitro digestion measured by FRAP. DPPH. ABTS and Folin-Ciocalteu methods. Food Research International. 44 (2011) 217- 224.
- Quettier., B. Gressier., J. Vasseur., T. Dine., C. Brunet., M. Luyckx., F. Bailleul., F. Trotin., Phenolic compounds and antioxidant activities of buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum Moench) hulls and flour. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 72 (2000) 35-42.
- Sarkhail., Traditional uses. phytochemistry and pharmacological properties of the genus Peucedanum: a review. J Ethnopharmacol. 156 (2014) 235-70.
- A. Webb., Cell-Mediated Crystallization of Calcium Oxalate in Plants. Plant Cell. 11 (1999) 751-761.
- S. Wei., X.Z. Wang., Identification of weed plants excluding the uptake of heavy metals, Environ. Inter. 31 (2005) 829-834.
- Uredba o graničnim vrednostima zagađujućih. štetnih i opasnih materija u zemljištu. Sl. Glasnik br 30/2018 i 64/2019.