1st International Conference on Chemo and BioInformatics, ICCBIKG 2021, (89-94)
AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Vladimir Jurišić
E-ADRESS / Е-АДРЕСА: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
Cytokines are small proteins that participate in many interactions between cells of the immune system as well as between many tissue cells including tumors. Currently, there is no universal classification of cytokines and they can be analyzed based on the cells that produce them or based on the type of activity. Cytokines have been studied for many years in medicine firstly in cancer patients in serum, but also in many other diseases including inflammation or other autoimmune diseases or other pathological conditions. Cytokines are still being discovered, and for many of them the structure, biological action and genes responsible for their regulation have already been determined. Bearing in mind that the development of technology has been developing enormously in the last period and those new methods of cytokine determination in various fluids and micro-concentrations are available to us. Here, the aim is to focus on the specific possibilities of determination and analysis of cytokine values in different tissues including cell culture supernatants, in individual cells as well as their genetic regulation. However, to understand their complex action in biological systems, including the pleiotropic effect of cytokines showing some time the overlap in the actions various models of analysis and interpretation of the obtained data are recommended today. This is especially complex and problematic in recent times of understanding the cytokine gene regulation and especially the possibility of their prediction. To resolve these problems, numerous databases have been created on the previously available experimental data, although their connection is not yet very clear. In addition, using integration of data, it is expected predict some models and systems in a specific situation, although it is still very difficult. So, aims are predict values in definitive situation and compare with some standards. Therefore, new methods of interpretation and new programs for analysis have been created. We expect that based on the new possibilities of analysis, better results will be achieved and that the role of these mediators for individual or personalized diagnosis or therapy in biomedicine will be determined.
KEY WORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
Biomedical Research, Cytokine, Methods, Biomedicine
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- Isaacs, J. J. Lindenmnn, Virus interference. I. The interferon, Proc R Soc Lond B Biol Sci, 147 (1957) 258-267.
- F.Wheelock., Interferon-Like Virus-Inhibitor Induced in Human Leukocytes by Phytohemagglutinin, Science 149 (1965) 310–311.
- C. Dumonde, R.A. Wolstencroft, G.S. Panayi, M. Matthew, J. Morley, W.T. Howson., Lymphokines: non-antibody mediators of cellular immunity generated by lymphocyte activation, Nature 224 (1969) 38–42.
- Azzoni, O. Zatsepina, B. Abebe, I.M. Bennett, P. Kanakaraj, B. Perussia., Differential transcriptional regulation of CD161 and a novel gene, 197/15a, by IL-2, IL-15, and IL-12 in NK and T cells. J Immunol 161 (1998) 3493-3500.
- I. Buchbinder, D.F. McDermott., Interferon, interleukin-2, and other cytokines, Hematol Oncol Clin North Am, 28 (2014) 571-583.
- Jurisic., Multiomic analysis of cytokines in immuno-oncology, Expert Rev Proteomics, 17 (2020) 663-674.
- Tominaga, T. Yoshimoto, K. Torigoe, M. Kurimoto, K. Matsui, T. Hada, H. Okamura, K. Nakanishi., IL-12 synergizes with IL-18 or IL-1beta for IFN-gamma production from human T cells., Int. Immunol., 12 (2000) 151-160.
- A. Caligiuri, A. Zmuidzinas, T.J. Manley, H. Levine, K.A. Smith, J. Ritz., Functional consequences of interleukin 2 receptor expression on resting human lymphocytes. Identification of a novel natural killer cell subset with high affinitreceptors, J Exp Med, 171 (1990) 1509- 1526.
- W. Zwirner, C.I.Domaica., Cytokine regulation of natural killer cell effector functions. Biofactors, 36 (2010) 274-288.
- Li, L. Chen, Z. Qin., Paradoxical roles of IL-4 in tumor immunity, Cell Mol Immunol, 6 (2009) 415-422.
- M. Vuletić, G.M. Konjević, A.K. Larsen, N.L. Babović, V.B. Jurišić, A. Krivokuća, K.M. Mirjačić Martinović., Interleukin-4-induced natural killer cell antitumor activity in metastatic melanoma patients. Eur Cytokine Netw, (2020) doi: 10.1684/ecn.2020.0449.
- Teng, D. Andrews, N. McLaughlin, , B Scheidt , S. Ngiow, A. Möller, G. Hill, Y. Iwakura, M. Oft, M. Smyth., IL-23 suppresses innate immune response independently of IL- 17A during carcinogenesis and metastasis, Proc Natl Acad Sci, USA, 107 (2010) 8328-8333.
- Olson, J. Sullivan, W. Burlingham., Interleukin 35: a key mediator of suppression and the propagation of infectious tolerance, Front. Immunol., 4 (2013) 315.
- Liao, J. Lin, W. Leonard., Interleukin-2 at the crossroads of effector responses, tolerance, and immunotherapy, Immunity, 38 (2013) 13-25.
- Mirjačić Martinović, N.L. Babović, R.R. Džodić, V. Jurišić, A. Ninković, G. Konjević., Beneficial in-vitro effects of interleukin-2, interleukin-12, and their combination on functional and receptor characteristics of natural killer cells in metastatic melanoma patients with normal serum lactate dehydrogenase levels, Melanoma Res, 26 (2016) 551-564.
- Vuletić, I. Jovanić, V. Jurišić, Z. Milovanović, S. Nikolić, I. Spurnić, G. Konjević., IL-2 And IL-15 Induced NKG2D, CD158a and CD158b Expression on T, NKT- like and NK Cell Lymphocyte Subsets from Regional Lymph Nodes of Melanoma Patients, Pathol Oncol Res, 26 (2020) 223-231.
- Vuletić, A. Jovanić, V. Jurišić, Z. Milovanović, S. Nikolić, N. Tanić, G. Konjević., In-vitro activation of natural killer cells from regional lymph nodes of melanoma patients with interleukin-2 and interleukin-15, Melanoma Res., 25 (2015), 22-34.
- Hagiwara, F. Abbasi, G. Mor, et al., Phenotype and frequency of cells secreting IL- 2, IL-4, IL-6, IL-10, IFN and TNF-α in human peripheral blood, Cytokine, 7 (1995) 815–822.
- Jurisic, T. Terzic, S. Colic, M. Jurisic., The concentration of TNF-alpha correlate with number of inflammatory cells and degree of vascularization in radicular cysts, Oral Dis, 14 (2008) 600-605.
- Jurisic, G. Bogdanovic, V. Kojic et al., Effect of TNF-alpha on Raji cells at different cellular levels estimated by various methods, Ann Hematol, 85 (2006) 86-94.
- Jurisic, V. Bumbasirevic, G. Konjevic et al., TNF-alpha induces changes in LDH isotype profile following triggering of apoptosis in PBL of non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas, Ann Hematol, 83 (2004) 84-91.
- Jurisić, G. Bogdanovic, T. Srdic et al., Modulation of TNF-alpha activity in tumor PC cells using anti-CD45 and anti-CD95 monoclonal antibodies, Cancer Lett, 214 (2004) 55- 61.
- Jurisic, T. Srdic-Rajic, G. Konjevic, et al., TNF-α induced apoptosis is accompanied with rapid CD30 and slower CD45 shedding from K-562 cells, J Membr Biol. 239 (2011) 115- 122.
- Li, B.S. Hostager, T. Arkee, G.A. Bishop., Multiple mechanisms for TRAF3- mediated regulation of the T cell costimulatory receptor GITR, J Biol Chem, 297 (2021) 101097.
- Chen, Y. Wang, W. Zhang, D. Zhao, L. Zhang, J. Zhang, J. Fan, Q. Zhan, NOX5 mediates the crosstalk between tumor cells and cancer-associated fibroblasts via regulating cytokine network, Clin Transl Med, 11(2021) e472.
- French, E. Holroyd, L. Yang, S. Kim, W. Yokoyama., IL-18 acts synergistically with IL-15 in stimulating natural killer cell proliferation, Cytokine, 35 (2006), 229-234.
- Džopalić, M. Kostić, M. Kostić, G. Marjanović, J. Guzina, V. Jurišić, B. Božić Nedeljković., Effects of galectin-1 on immunomodulatory properties of human monocyte- derived dendritic cells, Growth Factors, (2021) 1-12.
- Xue, K. Qian, Y. Sun, L. Xiao, X. Shi, Application of TGF-beta1, TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 small interfering RNAs can alleviate CCl(4)-induced hepatic fibrosis in rats by rebalancing Th1/Th2 cytokines, Exp Ther Med, 22(2021) 963.
- M. Konjević, A.M. Vuletić, K.M. Mirjačić Martinović et al., The role of cytokines in the regulation of NK cells in the tumor environment, Cytokine, 117 (2019) 30-40.
- K. Larsen, D. Ouaret, K. El Ouadrani et al., Targeting EGFR and VEGF(R) pathway cross-talk in tumor survival and angiogenesis, Pharmacol Ther, 131 (2011) 80-90.
- Jurisic, T. Terzic, S. Pavlovic, N. Colovic, M. Colovic., Elevated TNF-alpha and LDH without parathormone disturbance is associated with diffuse osteolytic lesions in leukemic transformation of myelofibrosis, Pathol Res Pract, 204 (2008) 129-132.
- Jurisić, M. Colović., Correlation of sera TNF-alpha with percentage of bone marrow plasma cells, LDH, beta2-microglobulin, and clinical stage in multiple myeloma, Med Oncol, 19 (2002) 133-139.
- Lapeyre-Prost, M. Terme, S. Pernot, A.L. Pointet, T. Voron, E. Tartour, J. Taieb., Immunomodulatory Activity of VEGF in Cancer, Int Rev Cell Mol Biol, 330 (2017) 295-342.
- Kondo et al., High expression of chemokine gene as a favorable prognostic factor in renal cell carcinoma, J Urol, 171 (2004) 2171–2175.
- A. Hefl er, C. Grimm, S. Ackermann et al., An Interleukin-6 Gene Promoter Polymorphism Influences the Biological Phenotype of Ovarian Cancer. Cancer Res, 63 (2003) 3066–3068.
- Latosinska, K. Vougas, M. Makridakis., Comparative Analysis of Label-Free and 8-Plex iTRAQ Approach for Quantitative Tissue Proteomic Analysis. PLoS ONE, (2015) 10, e0137048.
- J . Chen, N. Kotecha., Cytobank: providing an analytics platform for community cytometry data analysis and collaboration. Curr Topics Microbiol Immunol, 377 (2014) 127– 57.
- D. Linderman, Z. Bjornson, E.F. Simonds., CytoSPADE: high-performance analysis and visualization of high dimensional cytometry data. Bioinformatics, 28 (2012) 2400–2401.
- Gazagne, E. Claret, J. Wijdenes., A fluorospot assay to detect single T lymphocytes simultaneously producing multiple cytokines, J Immunol Methods, 283(2003) 91–98.
- Schmittel, U. Keilholz, C. Scheibenbogen., Evaluation of the interferon-γ ELISpot- assay for quantification of peptide specific T lymphocytes from peripheral blood., J Immunol Methods, 210 (1997) 167–174.
- Kovarik, F. Ebner, V. Sedlyarov., Posttranscriptional regulation of cytokine expression, Cytokine, 89 (2017) 21–26.
- Whorter, F.Y. Smith TD, T.U. Luu, et al., Macrophage secretion heterogeneity in engineered microenvironments revealed using a microwell platform, Integr Biol Quant Biosci Nano Macro, 8 (2016) 751–760.
- Perez De Souza, S. Alseekh, Y. Brotman et al., Network-based strategies in metabolomics data analysis and interpretation: from molecular networking to biological interpretation, Expert Rev Proteomics, 17 (2020) 243-255.