1st International Conference on Chemo and BioInformatics, ICCBIKG 2021, (15-19)
AUTHOR(S) / АУТОР(И): Carlos Silva López
E-ADRESS / Е-АДРЕСА: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABSTRACT / САЖЕТАК:
Pericyclic reactions are known for their exquisite selectivity and, in many cases, the formation of multiple chiral centers with a high degree of control. With the advent of accurate computational tools, this control was translated into predictability, and the design and exploitation of this set of reactions opened a new era in organic synthesis. Suddenly, highly complex and profusely decorated polycyclic structures were accessible in relatively short reaction sequences. Out interest in exploring the limits of application of the rules that govern these reactions with ironfist led us to discover a range of eye opening post-transitional effects that are key to ultimately understand reactivity at a microscopic level.
KEY WORDS / КЉУЧНЕ РЕЧИ:
pericyclic reactions, selectivity, dynamic effects, computational chemistry
REFERENCES / ЛИТЕРАТУРА:
- a) Norton. The Diels-Alder Diene Synthesis. Chem. Rev. 31 (1942) 319. b) K. C. Nicolaou , Scott Snyder, Tamsyn Montagnon, Georgios Vassilikogiannakis. The Diels–Alder Reaction in Total Synthesis, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 41 (2001) 1668. c) O.T. Dyan, G.I. Borodkin, P.A. Zaikin. The Diels–Alder Reaction for the Synthesis of Polycyclic Aromatic Compounds. Eur. J. Org. Chem. (2019) 7271.
- B. Woodward, Roald Hoffmann. Stereochemistry of electrocyclcic reactions. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 87 (1965) 395.
- a) Baldwin, J. E.; Gallagher, S. S.; Leber, P. A.; Raghavan, A. Thermal Disrotatory Electrocyclic Isomerization of cis -Bicyclo[4.2.0]oct-7-ene to cis,cis -1,3-Cyclooctadiene. Lett. 6 (2004) 1457 (b) Baldwin, J. E.; Gallagher, S. S.; Leber, P. A.; Raghavan, A.; Shukla, R. Deuterium Kinetic Isotope Effects and Mechanism of the Thermal Isomerization of Bicyclo[4.2.0]oct-7-ene to 1,3-Cyclooctadiene J. Org. Chem. 69 (2004) 7212
- a) Leivers, I. Tam, K. Groves, D. Leung, Y. Xie, R. Breslow. A Forbidden Rearrangement. Org. Lett. 5 (2003) 3407. b) O. Nieto Faza, C. Silva López, R. Álvarez, Á.R. de Lera. Conrotatory Ring-Opening Reactions of Cyclopropyl Anions in Monocyclic and Tricyclic Systems. Org. Lett. 6 (2004) 901.
- a) J. Rodig, A. W. Snow, P. Scholl, S. Rea The Cyclic Trimer of Carbon Dioxide. J. Org. Chem. 81 (2016) 5354 b) R. Villar, O. N. Faza, E. Matito, C.S. Lopez Cycloreversion of the CO2 trimer: a paradigmatic pseudopericyclic [2 + 2 + 2] cycloaddition reaction. Org. Biomol. Chem. 15 (2017) 435.